Hotel Laguna Park

Good Further information

Cleanliness

Food

Hotel entertainment

Good

Hotel service

Good

Kids facilities

Good

Location

Room comfort

Value

Best for:

Families with Young Kids Families with Young KidsFurther information

61%

of reviewers would recommend Hotel Laguna Park to a friend

Tell us about this hotel

Showing 1 - 15 of 36 reviews

PreviousPrevious123NextNext

"Average"

Overall Hotel Rating:

Good

Open quote

Well overall our stay at Laguna Park was very average. Myself and my husband stayed with our 5 year old daughter and although we disliked it, she loved it. However one night at dinner I was absolutely humiliated. I was walking back from the buffet with my dinner and everyone started chanting FATTY FATTY FATTY FATTY FATTY and started pointing, even hotel staff!! I am overweight, yes, but this was absolutely appalling and I was extremely embarrassed. I complained to staff but they just laughed in my face. I even got nicknamed Jabba The Hut by staff and other guests and whenever I would walk past I would get HEY FATTY BOOM BOOM or DONT EAT ME JABBA. I was humiliated and absolutely disgusted by this. I am already self conscious and this made it 10x worse. I am disgusted by the staff in this hotel and i shall NEVER be returning.

By: Eva Wilson - Submitted 16th March 2013

• Good
  • Good
  • Very Good
  • Very Good
  • Excellent
  • Excellent

Travel Date: February 2013 Best for: Families with Teenagers Book now
Travelled with: Families with Young Kids Recommend to a friend: No

"Fantastic hotel"

Open quote

First time in Bulgaria and did not know what to expect. Hotel was very clean. Maids came in every day and changed towels. Changed bedding half way through week. Air conditioning most welcome.

By: Dave of the Mack - Submitted 7th July 2012

• Very Good
  • Good
  • Very Good
  • Very Good
  • Excellent
  • Excellent
  • Excellent

Travel Date: June 2012 Best for: Mature Couple Book now
Travelled with: Mature Couple Recommend to a friend: Yes

"sunny beach"

Overall Hotel Rating:

Good

Open quote

hotel is very clean,maids clean your room everyday..food was ok but was a little repetitive..have too get up very early to reserve a sunbed around the main pool (ridiculous),we only managed to get a sunbed once!!,there is plenty around the smaller pool at the front of the hotel though..

By: m leese - Submitted 4th September 2011

• Excellent
  • Good
  • Very Good
  • Very Good
  • Very Good
  • Excellent
  • Excellent
  • Very Good

Travel Date: August 2011 Best for: Families with Young Kids Book now
Travelled with: Families with Teenagers Recommend to a friend: Yes
Also Reviewed: Operator: Thomas Cook New Window

"Laguna Park, Sunny Beach"

Open quote

Great hotel just a short walk from the beach. Food variety was great and the quality waqs very good catered for brits very well and the large pool area had plenty of sunbeds. There was a water slide and play area for kids and the food will appeal to all the family.

By: S Harkin - Submitted 17th February 2011

• Very Good
  • Good
  • Very Good
  • Excellent
  • Excellent
  • Excellent
  • Excellent

Travel Date: July 2010 Best for: Families with Young Kids Book now
Travelled with: Young Couple Recommend to a friend: Yes

Click to book with:

"Laguna Park, Sunny Beach"

Open quote

Although Hotel was very clean, that was about all it had going for it. The rooms weren't up to much and the third bed in our room for our daughter was an armchair that pulled out to a bed. The upholstery on the chair bed was dirty and threadbare in some places which I didn't think was very hygenic. Also the sheets were too small for the bed (they didn't tuck in at the top or bottom) and they were really weird colours rather than the usual white hotel sheets. Entertainment was pretty poor, although the staff did try their hardest in the 40 degree heat. Food was ok for first couple of days then it became very repititive - same stuff day after day and desert was always the same - fruit (usually bruised) and tiny little sickly cakes. There was a snack bar open during the time that the restaurant was closed but you could only get hot dogs and pizzas from there - no crisps or any other type of snacks. Also bar shut at 11pm prompt. At 5 to 11 there was always a stampede for the bar and if you were still in the queue at 11 o'clock they refused to serve you even if you had been queuing for ten mins. Also the drinks weren't very cold. There were nowhere near enough sun loungers and if you didn't get up at 5am to put towels on them you had no chance of getting one. I think that each room should be allocated two sunloungers with their room number on to make it fair for everyone. Also there wasn't enough shade or air conditioning in the hotel.

By: Anna Hayes - Submitted 9th September 2010

Travel Date: August 2010 Best for: Families with Young Kids Book now
Travelled with: Families with Young Kids Recommend to a friend: No

"laguna park"

Overall Hotel Rating:

Good

Open quote

kids had to sleep on a double sofa bed 2 put me ups would have been better,food good but limited choice mainly chicken or pork,kids choices very limited,hotel very clean staff friendly ,rooms large just beds a problem.bingo and lottery noy very good 300 plus leva taken in 1 10 leva cd and 60 leva free massage given away.overall good hotel would go back again.

By: paul bangs - Submitted 20th August 2010

• Average
  • Good
  • Average
  • Good
  • Below Average

Travel Date: August 2010 Best for: Families with Teenagers Book now
Travelled with: Families with Teenagers Recommend to a friend: Yes

"bulgaria holiday"

Overall Hotel Rating:

Good

Open quote

the hotel was very good except for the food not a lot of choices and hardly anything on the menu for kids apart from pizza which was on it every day.

By: mrs m allan - Submitted 19th August 2010

Travel Date: August 2010 Best for: Families with Young Kids Book now

"Clean but not friendly"

Open quote

The hotel is clean,food reasonable but repetative,staff not friendly at all. Reception staff agressive and not helpfull in fact very rude. We asked to keep our room until nearer flight time,the told us o.k until 1800 hrs but at mid-day we had a phone call to tell us to vacate the room imediately.(Pick up time was one am next morning)The receptionist was rude agressive and would not even listen to me and just hung up. Thomas Cook rep not helpfull or interested, only interested in selling trips. Signs around the hotel dont walk on grass 50 leva fie ditto sleeping on hotel sofa's Wife had purse stollen reception not bothered only in demanding 80 leva for new safe key even befor I could get the money from the safe to pay them. Staff let what could be a good hotel down

By: Ray Lewis - Submitted 19th June 2010

• Good
  • Average
  • Average
  • Below Average
  • Average
  • Good
  • Average

Travel Date: June 2010 Best for: Families with Infants Book now
Travelled with: Families with Teenagers Recommend to a friend: No

"loved it "

Open quote

7 of us went in may 2010 the hotel was very clean and staff were friendly. the entertaiment team were fantastic the kids club was great gave the mum and dads a couple of hours in peace to sit round the pool. i would go back to the hotel again the only little thing i would say is that they need more choices of food in the restaurant but ortherwise your 5 mins walk from the centre.....

By: donna slater - Submitted 8th June 2010

• Good
  • Good
  • Excellent
  • Excellent
  • Excellent
  • Excellent

Travel Date: May 2010 Best for: Families with Young Kids
Also Reviewed: Operator: Balkan New Window

"not the hotel for UK subjects"

Below Average

Open quote

On first inspection the hotel looked fine but it was not long before it went bad. It rained for the first two days i was at the hotel water was running down the inside walls all over the site u could not leave the hotel as the streets were all under 2 foot of water. THE FOOD is not very good the eggs are raw on top and i would stay away from any chicken and don't forget they cook there food to warm only.ENTERTAINMENT the kids were kept busy for a few hours a day but nothing in evening for familys to do .THE STAFF the staff in this hotel made it very clear they do not like UK subjects not even the reps are talked to nice or respectfully i did feel bad for all the reps as they don't get listened to at all by the staff.WATCH OUT FOR THE CLEANERS all us UK subjects i was due to fly back sat morning at 01;30 the transfer bus was due at 22;30 fri night we all got kicked out our rooms at 12;00 fri which means you have ten hours to kill if you think will stay around the hotel take it easy think again we were sitting watching tv and i fell asleep next thing one of the cleaners come up with a metal sign only in English saying 50 lev fine for sleeping what a joke to take your room off you ten hours before u fly then fine you if you fall asleep on site and don't use the exchange on site as they give you a lot less for your money and change it all the time 215 in hotel but crown do for 228 you do the math

By: stephen spears - Submitted 1st June 2010

• Good
  • Below Average
  • Poor
  • Average
  • Average
  • Average

Travel Date: June 2010 Best for: Not Specified Book now
Travelled with: Not Specified Recommend to a friend: No
Also Reviewed: Operator: First Choice New Window

"Good Resort - Basic Accommodation"

Overall Hotel Rating:

Good

Open quote

This hotel is a good choice for the money that you pay. Its all inclusive, which means that fine dining is thrown out of the window. But the hotel isn't particulary expensive, and its modern, big and clean. As far as good is concerned its fairly bland, chips on the menu everyday, along with an assorted collection of random food. Some of it Bulagarian influenced - Veal features fairly regularly - and some of it, I imagine is food that the hotel think the punters will like. The hotel has a mixture of guests from the UK, Netherlands, Germany etc, and the cuisine has a thrown together feel. However up until 11pm there is no point that you can't eat, as long as you aren't too fussy. The hotel pool is big, and the staff make an effort to try and get things going through the day, the activities weren't for me, but it seemed like the people involved were enjoying it. There is a pool and an activities section for the kids, and the little dance they put on everyday was very cute. Location is good - we didn't get a taxi once the whole week we were there. Rooms are big and fairly clean - staff were happy to help. Basic but good.

By: C L - Submitted 28th February 2010

• Good
  • Average
  • Average
  • Good
  • Average
  • Good
  • Good

Travel Date: June 2009 Best for: Families with Young Kids Book now
Travelled with: Party Animals Recommend to a friend: Yes

"great hotel"

Open quote

We (me, hubby and 4 yr old son) had a great time at the Laguna Park Hotel. The hotel was spotless, the beds were very comfortable, we had one of the best rooms (207) as it accessed a private sun terrace shared by approx 5 rooms as well as it's own terrace and overlooked the pool. Our room was spacious and the bathroom was really quite large. We were on an all inclusive deal and I can't see how anyone could possibly complain. the food was great with something for everyone. We didn't suffer from any tummy bugs and probably put on weight while we were there. My son is a picky eater but was happy with boiled egg and toast follwed by a muffin for breakfast, pizza and more cake for lunch and chicken nuggets or fish fingers and chips for tea with yet more cake and delicious ice cream for tea. I fell in love with the white cheese and tastiest tomatoes ever and a variety of great meat dishes. Dessert was always a selection of pastries (called Baklava I think) which were made of puff pastry soaked in syrup with various fillings - looked a bit dodgy but tasted fab! The white wine was decent and the cocktails were a nice addition. There were even children's cocktails available at the pool bar. The pool was tended by a very efficient cleaner / life guard who kept things spotless and washed down the comfy lounger mattresses each day. The pool was a bit cold in September but once in you got used to it! The weather in september was hot - somewhere between 75 and 80 degrees F. The animation team did a great job and one was the spitting image of Mr Bean. The entertainment was basic but what do you expect - it's not the west end! The kids disco took place each evening before karaoke, bingo, a comedy show (that was really very funny)or competition for guests. One or two of the staff seemed a bit grumpy looking but to be honest I think that was simply because there was a language barrier. I can speak German and found that they were far more communicative if you spoke German to them as they have a better grasp of German than English. My son took a real shine to one of the waitresses who always took the time to come over and speak to him. The foyer at the hotel was large and comfortable with big comfy leather suites. There were signs saying you would be fined for sleeping on them but on leaving day - loads of people did and no one bothered. I think Bulgaria has lots of "you'll be fined" signs that no one pays much attention to.

By: emma - Submitted 5th November 2009

Travel Date: August 2009 Best for: Families with Young Kids Book now
Also Reviewed: Operator: Airtours New Window

"Laguna Park "

Open quote

I am not sure what people expect when they visit a foreign country, Bulgarians traditionally serve there food warm and not red hot, at least it was cooked. There was a good variety of Bulgarian food and they even put on a breakfast that was very similar to an English breakfast. As far as the staff are concerned (including reception,bar, cleaners and restaurant) in my opinion they were all pleasant and willing to help. The cleaner we had was very friendly and you could always tell that the room had been cleaned. They also catered for smokers which allowed people to socialise more rather than sat outside. We even received a lunch parcel to take with us on our return journey home. The only thing that disappointed me was the lack of entertainment on an evening. I would have enjoyed seeing an inhouse show. They would benefit from making a stage area also inside the hotel but apart from that the party we travelled in (consisting of a varied age range) had a very good holiday and we would definately consider going to Laguna Park again. If you don't like foreign food don't go to a foreign country!!!!! stay in sunny England.

By: Rach & Hazel - Submitted 27th October 2009

• Excellent
  • Good
  • Average
  • Very Good
  • Very Good
  • Very Good
  • Very Good

Travel Date: September 2009 Best for: Not Specified Book now
Travelled with: Not Specified Recommend to a friend: Yes
Also Reviewed: Operator: Balkan New Window

"Clean Hotel....Very Poor service"

Overall Hotel Rating:

Good

Open quote

We just came back from the Luguna, and was very disappointed. I normally read reviews and wonder what people expect for their money. However on this occasion i was bitterly disappointed. Mainly with the food, which was very repetative, and COLD (although you could que to microwave your meal, but fish doesn't micro well). I didn't think they could repeat meals so much in 1 week. I accept it was the end of season, but if they can't be bothered to offer an acceptable service, then close earlier. I feel they accepted our money, and should have treated us as if it were any other time of year. NO entertainment. Very slow servie as far as the bar was concerned (even to the point of ignoring you) probably because we were all inclusive. Some of the rules were unbelieveable, fines for walking on the grass, or sleeping on the couches in the hotel reception (even when its 3am and your waiing for your return flight?)

By: Colette & Bev - Submitted 11th October 2009

• Average
  • Good
  • Very Good

Travel Date: September 2009 Best for: Families with Young Kids Book now
Travelled with: Mature Couple Recommend to a friend: No
Also Reviewed: Operator: Thomson New Window

"Could be better"

Open quote

Just got back from this Hotel, like most reviews i was happy enough with the hotel, clean and well positioned for amienities, but it let itself down in key areas. 1. Food - we apparently arrived on the final week before the resort closed but the food was in my opinion poor. A lack of choice, very repetative and invariably lukewarm at best, we were all inclusive for a week and usually you dont have the menu repeated so often in a week. A good point is that there are plenty of microwaves to heat your food up! 2. Facilities - i know its not everyones cup of tea but i like to do some exercise on holiday, so one of the reasons i booked was because the hotel was advertised as having a gym. It did have a room saying it was a gym but £30 weight bench 20kg of weights and a £40 stationary bike do not count as a gym in my book. There was a very dilapadated multigym but it was broken, oh for some honesty in brocheures.

By: Glenn Smyth - Submitted 29th September 2009

• Average
  • Good
  • Average
  • Good
  • Good

Travel Date: September 2009 Best for: Families with Young Kids Book now
Travelled with: Young Couple Recommend to a friend: No