Cyprus

Added by Holidays Uncovered Team

Overall rating for resorts in Cyprus:

Based on 2700 reviews

Very Good Further information

Beaches

Good

Cost of food & drink

Good

Eating out

Good

Nightlife

Good

Things to see & do

Good

Brochure Guide

Cyprus the island of love, romance and sunshine, cyprus has friendly people and the island is tucked away in a corner of the deep blue Mediterranean . The Trudos mountains are a feature with breathtaking views from winding roads and small villages where the local people welcome you with open arms, and sometimes sell their goods to you. The weather is gorgeous, and the land portrays that. Give cyprus a try its well worth it.
By: sheila mitchell - 21st July 2008

Click to book with:

Showing 31 - 45 of 2700 reviews of resorts in Cyprus

"Vice city"

Open quote

Disgusting. Prostitution everywhere you look. The amount of drug abuse is phenomenal. I wouldn't recommend this resort to anyone who doesn't take part in smack abuse or prostitution.

By: Thomas Melbourne - Submitted 5th August 2011

Travel Date: July 2011 Best for: Party Animals Book now
Also Reviewed: Operator: Thomas Cook New Window

Book Cyprus with Thomson.co.uk and get online savings.

"harbour is nice"

Open quote

paphos hasnt got much to offer except for the fort. not many shops and what there is are expensive.good job the hotel has so much that you dont need to venture far.

By: mrs sue earle - Submitted 30th June 2012

Travel Date: June 2012 Best for: Families with Young Kids Book now
Travelled with: Mature Couple Recommend to a friend: Yes
Also Reviewed: Operator: First Choice New Window

Holiday Hypermarket Book cheap holidays with the UK's top travel companies with Holiday Hypermarket. First Choice Summer 2012 on sale now with First Choice - The home of All Inclusive.

"Paphos"

Open quote

Pre-history: me and my girlfriend work like dogs and getting a vacation is pretty difficult. So when we finally managed to arrange vacation together we wanted it to be just perfect. In fact we were happy to pay premium to get a perfect 5 star hotel with perfect sea view for a perfect runaway week from the whole world. I spent countless time on the internet researching various hotels and finally I found ALMYRA – wow I was so happy. The pictures were just perfect, it felt like a super stylish hotel designed with modern minimalism in mind. Impression I got from the web-site is of upscale hotel, clean lines, very airy and spacious. The price tag was approximately two three times higher than the rest of comparable hotels in vicinity. So we figured that since we only have one week we might as well pay extra, but make it count. Damn, we were so wrong – the reality was very different from pictures. One word which describes it all – CHEAP. My guess is that maybe 10-15 years ago this hotel could’ve been called “…5 star contemporary luxury hotel...”, it seems that its never been renovated since then. Everything looks just old and seriously used. At the end we felt cheated. Certainly it is not a crime to hire a state of art photographer and make some excellent pictures, certainly it’s much cheaper than investing into renovation of hotel, however we strongly felt that what is displayed on the web-site is severe misrepresentation. Since you are reading this, you probably had a look at Almyra web-site, liked what you see and decided to do some extra research. You don’t have to believe everything what is written here, so I decided to shoot a 10 minutes video of hotel interiors to show you what it’s really like. This post is intended to be like a warning sign to all fellow travelers, not to buy into nice pictures. I do have to say that food was quite good, breakfast buffet was every morning same, but a good one, and every dinner they had a different theme for example Japanese, Mediterranean, Italian cuisine etc. So the bottom line is this – in reality Almyra is just another 4 star mediocre hotel, which is not a bad thing as such, however the fact that they position themselves as 5 star luxury hotel, deceive people to believe it and set prices as 5 star luxury hotel just simply plain SUCK.

By: Denis Gusoff - Submitted 16th September 2013

Travel Date: August 2013 Best for: Families with Infants Book now
Travelled with: Families with Infants Recommend to a friend: No
Also Reviewed: Operator: Airtours New Window

Portland Holidays – Book Cyprus today for just £50 per person Sunshine.co.uk offers discount hotels and low cost holidays in Cyprus

"Harassed and intimidated"

Open quote

Kapparis is not a central place to be, you have to travel to go to decent shops, beach etc

By: Gillian Quinn - Submitted 10th September 2008

Travel Date: July 2008 Best for: Families with Young Kids Book now
Travelled with: Family Recommend to a friend: No
Also Reviewed: Operator: Libra Holidays

Jet 2 £60 low deposit per person available when you book Cyprus holidays with Jet2 Holidays Thomson Book Cyprus with Thomson.co.uk and get online savings.

"boring and dirty."

boring. and very expensive

By: jackie mccleave - Submitted 2nd December 2008

Travel Date: August 2008 Best for: Families with Young Kids Book now
Travelled with: Family Recommend to a friend: No
Also Reviewed: Operator: Thomas Cook New Window

Book cheap holidays with the UK's top travel companies with Holiday Hypermarket. Search Thomas Cook, Thomson and other tour operators for the cheapest prices from your local airport.

Protaras review

"STAY AWAY ! AVOID THIS PLACE !"

Open quote

Windmills Hotel from Pernera it's the worst place i ever saw. It is the most dirty place from all Cyprus. The employees are treated like slaves,because all the business its running from a cheap family,they will never hire enought staff.Let's take for example,the waiters/ses:not even the tips they are not alowed to share between them,the owners take the tips too ! Everything is old (20 years at least) in the hotel,in every day something's broken,all the time you have someone who fix something in your room! If you lose a key (it happend,isn't?),they charge you with 50 euros to give you a new one !!!...and someime the new one is not from your door ! The swimming pool is dirty most of the time,and when it look clean you have to see the holes from the pool,full of bugs,plastic pet,plastic bags,etc. The owners wants to look friendly,but they are look like a bunch of prison inmates. Half of the day,the chef with another 2 helpers,they have to prepare the food for this owners (are 5 brothers,with wifes/husbands,nephews,babies,anties and many many more),because all day long they are stay ALL there,like a plague.One of them he hits and slapped the employees,few days ago i saw how this one-Andreas-throw with meatballs in one cook.Anyway,all the employees are terrorized in there ! Like i said,if you are smart,and if you are not a BDSM fan,AVOID this location.

By: ed%de - Submitted 14th July 2010

Travel Date: July 2010 Best for: Not Specified Book now
Travelled with: Party Animals Recommend to a friend: Not Specified
Also Reviewed: Operator: ABC travel

First Choice Summer 2012 on sale now with First Choice - The home of All Inclusive. Sunshine.co.uk Portland Holidays – Book Cyprus today for just £50 per person

Kyrenia review

"Kyrenia no longer picturesque"

Open quote

We found Kyrenia to be extremely busy, not what we expected. The traffic was horrendous, rubbish and construction work everywhere you turn. There are over 200,000 people living in this resort ,not what I would call quiet and relaxing. The harbour and castle area are lovely what we expected of the whole town. We travelled a lot by local bus, and could not believe the amount of building going on,you could not get away from it. It was not the unspoilt Cyprus we were lead to believe from the travel websites and reviews we had read. They do not tell you about the army barrocks which seem to be everywhere,we didn't seem to be able to walk very far without coming across one and having to retrace our steps.

By: Mrs Corinne Nicklin - Submitted 2nd July 2008

Travel Date: March 2008 Best for: Not Specified Book now
Travelled with: Not Specified Recommend to a friend: Not Specified
Also Reviewed: Operator: Other

Kyrenia review

"Beware. It's not as good as it seems"

Open quote

Be aware that this hotel is having a Conference room being built. I stayed in Room 109 and at 7o'clock every morning my partner and I were woken up by banging, cement mixers etc. We ordered drinks from the various bars and were continually charged different prices and more often that not overcharged. It get's embarrassing when you have to repeatedly question the bill. I also put the remote control down on the bedside cabinet one evening and it moved a plastic folder that then touched the bedside light. This blew all the fuses and we were left in complete darkness. When I wrote an e-mail to complain to the hotel, it took 2 weeks for a reply and I was basically called a liar because if the double glazed windows had been closed that you cannot hear any noise through them. I was also told they checked all my extra's (bills) and I had NOT been over charged. Also that they have the best electrical system in any hotel in Kyrenia. They insulted my intelligence and I would NEVER stay at this hotel again. There is also NO entertainment except Friday, Saturday & Wednesday!!!!

By: Mr Cox - Submitted 17th October 2008

Travel Date: September 2008 Best for: Not Specified Book now
Travelled with: Party Animals Recommend to a friend: No
Also Reviewed: Operator: Go North cyprus

Thomson Book Cyprus with Thomson.co.uk and get online savings. Holiday Hypermarket Book cheap holidays with the UK's top travel companies with Holiday Hypermarket.

"Kyrenia to Bellapais"

Open quote

Northern Cyprus is the hidden gem of the mediterranean. If you want peaceful surroundings, quality hotels, lovely friendly people, and "go back in time" - northern cyprus is the place. Do not be put off by what you read about Northern Cyprus. If you have been the Southern Cyprus, and heard all the propaganda they put out, you will be well surprised. I will never visit Southern Cyprus again after visiting the North - the people are the friendliest ever, the scenery 100% better than Southern Cyrprus (although that is easily done) - there is greenery, good beaches, lovely atmosphere, quality hotels (not concrete and glass ones) and superb restaurants. If you want a holiday where you are going to be "entertained" by rowdy bars, night clubs, all frequented by beer swilling english football shirted men and tatooed women - you will not like Northern Cyprus - and that is a good thing, as it leaves Northern Cyprus for the rest of us who like quality. I would not recommend it for children unless they are very young.

I see that the points I have given for this resort appear low - this is rather a silly system, as although the beaches, entertainment and night life are definitely poor, I should really have marked them as excellent, as I detest beaches, entertainment and night life on holiday so my low gradings for these really mean that I found them excellent. It is all a matter of ones own interpretation. Seriously though - Northern Cyprus is a gem of a place - worth visiting once (I would not go again simply because due to its size, a week is really long enough to visit everywhere). Bellapais is a very pretty village but I would think a week there would be to long to stay. Kyrenia would be a better better for a week, but the Bellapais Monastery Village Hotel is between the two which is why I picked it.

By: Leo Met - Submitted 9th September 2010

• Below Average
  • Good

Travel Date: May 2010 Best for: Mature Couple Book now
Travelled with: Mature Couple Recommend to a friend: Yes
Also Reviewed: Operator: Direct Holidays New Window

Summer 2012 on sale now with First Choice - The home of All Inclusive.

"altinkaya"

Open quote

nice place over all . good places to eat and very cheap . weather great. there is still a great language barrier between turkish and british , so hard to order food and get directions . like the place and would go back just not in that hotel.

By: nige nolan - Submitted 2nd November 2011

• Poor
  • Good
  • Very Good
  • Very Good
  • Average
  • Average

Travel Date: October 2011 Best for: Mature Couple Book now
Also Reviewed: Operator: YouTravel New Window

Sunshine.co.uk Portland Holidays – Book Cyprus today for just £50 per person Jet 2 £60 low deposit per person available when you book Cyprus holidays with Jet2 Holidays

Nissi Beach review

"Not big and too budy"

88%

Open quote

It is ayia napa! Example was here. Pants Lots of paragliding...expensive peddaloes €20 for 20 mins. Nowhere on beach after 10am and rocke after 3 inches of sand!!

By: Gavin Vaughan - Submitted 29th July 2014

Travel Date: July 2014 Best for: Party Animals Book now
Also Reviewed: Operator: First Choice New Window

Book Cyprus with Thomson.co.uk and get online savings.

Polis review

"Stay away from that Horrible Place"

92%

Open quote

My husband and I just returned from our 1 week holidays at Akamanthea. We are Cypriots and we go to Polis every year but it was our first time at Akamanthea. We were supposed to leave tomorrow but we left today because we could not stand anymore the terrible service there!

Let me give you a list of facts that show the terrible and unprofessional service and very bad management:

1. Found 2 dirty female underwear in the draw upon arrival! 2. Found 2 centipedes in the apartment! 3. The breakfast is very poor (and every day the same!) with not many options for those who want to eat healthy. 4. The bed covers were dirty. 5. We bought a 10 euro internet card ( by the way there is no wifi in the rooms – only in the lobby) and they did not inform us that it would expire in 24 hours- so we manage to use it only for 1 hour and then expired by the next day. 6. They refused to provide us with clean towels everyday despite several complaints. 7. They refused to clean our room every day. Nowhere in their website says that they clean every 2 days. We would not go if we knew. 8. Even when they cleaned our room they did not change the towels! Can you believe it? Going every day at the beach and being forced to use the same towel for more than 2 days!! 9. Today it was the third day that no one showed up to clan our room and when complaint, they said ' we clean very three days'!! They even dare to say that! - THAT PLACE IS A HEALTH HAZARD! (three days after we did not even have toilet paper!) 10. I asked to speak to the general manager and he asked the receptionist to ‘deal’ with me. 11. We even wrote a 4-page letter to the general manager who never got back to us. 12. Very rude staff! 13. There was a terrible smell in the lobby and in the apartment.

This was the worst place we ever stayed at!

By: Christina Kaili - Submitted 25th July 2012

Travel Date: July 2012 Best for: Families with Young Kids Book now
Travelled with: Young Couple Recommend to a friend: No
Also Reviewed: Operator: booked it ourselves

"Ayia Napa ok"

Open quote

The location of Mon Repos is spot on. Close enough to get to the nightlife, but far enough away, so it doesn't keep you up at night. Opposite the main entrance is a lovely restaurant called The Akropolis. Very friendly service and excellent menu.

By: g totter - Submitted 30th May 2009

• Below Average
  • Good
  • Below Average
  • Below Average
  • Very Good
  • Average

Travel Date: August 2008 Best for: Party Animals Book now
Travelled with: Friends Recommend to a friend: Yes
Also Reviewed: Operator: Club 18-30

"A Bit Tacky!"

Open quote

Ayia Napa was not what I expected! We did find some really nice places to eat and drink, but they were surrounded by more tacky bars and restuarants. Unfortunately most places seem to think we need large boards showing rubbishy pictures of food to help us decide what to eat! As for shopping, I was not impressed, the resort was just full of shops selling tacky holiday souvenirs, cheap plasticy and very overpriced handbags etc and jewellery shops which were overpriced and poor quality! We did take a wander around the square but the bars didn't appeal to us, I thinks we must be getting too old!

By: Pauline Robertson - Submitted 18th May 2010

• Average
  • Good
  • Below Average
  • Below Average

Travel Date: May 2010 Best for: Not Specified Book now
Travelled with: Young Couple Recommend to a friend: No

"NEVER AGAIN"

Open quote

It's ok for a one time holiday.. other than that I wouldnt visit again as its rather small and theres not alot to do other than get drunk.. not that I was moaning. Plus with all the local comeptiton it felt really akward..

By: emma marsh - Submitted 5th November 2011

• Below Average
  • Good
  • Average
  • Average
  • Good
  • Average

Travel Date: June 2011 Best for: Party Animals Book now