Hotel Veronica

Cleanliness

Food

Hotel entertainment

Hotel service

Good

Kids facilities

Location

Good

Room comfort

Official rating:

3 Star Hotel

Best for:

Young Couple Young CoupleFurther information

40%

of reviewers would recommend Hotel Veronica to a friend

Tell us about this hotel

Showing 1 - 13 of 13 reviews

PreviousPrevious1NextNext

"Hotel Veronica"

Open quote

Overall I have given the hotel a 3* rating; average. I think the hotel is in a very good location. Not too far away from the beach and a bus stop literally a 1 minute walk away.

This was especially useful as we did a few of the hotel organised trips where we visited the Tomb of the Kings, Nicosia and a few others. So this was a real positive about the hotel.

The staff were very polite and the hotel was always immaculate. The pool was a decent size and was always clean.

The main aspect it was lacking was other children's facilities (which is why I suggested it for young couples, without children). There is a good nightlife. Bars and pubs literally on the doorstep! And many others not to far away.

The air conditioning didn't work well at all in my room so this wasn't useful at all as the temperatures got VERY high!

When I left I felt that I missed the place. So I would say this is a good thing regarding the hotel.

By: Karl - Submitted 11th August 2010

• Excellent
  • Good
  • Poor
  • Very Good
  • Below Average
  • Average
  • Below Average

Travel Date: August 2009 Best for: Young Couple Book now
Travelled with: Families with Teenagers Recommend to a friend: Yes
Also Reviewed: Operator: Cosmos New Window

"hotel veronica"

Open quote

Just got back from Veronica yesterday 21/10 09. Hotel was clean Bar & resteraunt staff friendly no entertainment at all no childrens facilities. Food was o.k at dinner but breakfast was awful Plenty of choice but tastless whatever you do dont have a cup of tea unless you get a teabag off the waiter and make it yourself it was disgusting. Hotel was nearly full of Germans

By: Anthony Lewis - Submitted 22nd October 2009

• Good
  • Average
  • Poor
  • Good
  • Poor
  • Very Good
  • Very Good

Travel Date: October 2009 Best for: Mature Couple Book now
Travelled with: Mature Couple Recommend to a friend: No
Also Reviewed: Operator: Olympic New Window

"Satisfactory"

Open quote

Just arrived back yesterday 08 july after 2 weeks there and really cant fault the hotel as long as you use it for a base and to sleep rather than expecting luxury and entertainment which there isnt.Breakfast was ok cereal,toast,english and continental also on offer.I stayed on b&b but noticed they did lunch and dinner also.Would suggest if you want any snacks or water go to the supermarket across the road as its cheaper.Got charged nearly 2euro 1 night for a small bottle of water whereas the litre bottles are only 70cents across the road.Its a maze inside with corridors everywhere going up,down and in all directions!!! I personally wouldnt stay there again as it catered mainly for non english tourists.

By: PETER BEESTON - Submitted 9th July 2009

• Poor
  • Good
  • Average

Travel Date: June 2009 Best for: Mature Couple Book now
Travelled with: Mature Couple Recommend to a friend: No
Also Reviewed: Operator: Cosmos New Window

"dated hotel needs facelift"

Open quote

This hotel really needs a facelift. Rooms are very basic and small. Pool is located at the rear of the hotel which is a bit out of the way. Don't even think about using the bars, 3 euros for a small beer, spirits are even dearer. Lots of germans and russians stay here and food is aimed at them. Tea is always cold, coffee tasteless, better to eat out.

By: Steve beard - Submitted 6th May 2009

Travel Date: April 2009 Best for: Young Couple Book now
Travelled with: Family Recommend to a friend: No
Also Reviewed: Operator: Olympic New Window

"Good Basic Hotel"

Open quote

A good no frills hotel, really clean and very friendly staff. Ideal location short walk into centre of Paphos but the hotel is on a busy road so can be a bit noisy at times.

By: paula wiemers - Submitted 1st April 2009

• Average
  • Good
  • Very Good
  • Good

Travel Date: March 2009 Best for: Young Couple Book now
Travelled with: Friends Recommend to a friend: Yes
Also Reviewed: Operator: Independent

"give it a miss"

Open quote

this must be the worst holiday we have been on! reception staff not interested in anything and a smile might have helped,the meals on offer were bland and monotonous, never once did the temperatures reach more than tepid,on two occasions the hotel was closed to guests as the management were holding a private function, so to reach your room from the pool you had to go through the car park to the front of the building,lunch on that day was a cheeseburger this is as an AI guest,only good thing was the restaurant staff and most of all the young indian barman (kiran)..if i were you give this place a miss!,

By: phillip smith - Submitted 8th May 2008

• Good
  • Below Average
  • Very Good
  • Average
  • Below Average

Travel Date: May 2008 Best for: Not Specified Book now
Also Reviewed: Operator: Other

Open quote

I really wish I had looked at this site before booking this hotel. It is one of the most disgusting places I have ever had the pleasure of being associated with.

I was in Cyprus for my friends wedding and had read a few other sites reviews of the Veronica saying it was a 3* plus and good value for money. Well I wouldn't live in a place like the Veronica at home and certainly begrudged paying the money to stay there.

On the first evening the lift got stuck and the receptionist said he was the only one on so I would have to wait for someone to help me! Thank god for the German couple who spoke just enough English to understand 'Help' and dragged me and my luggage through a jammed opened lift door. This was nothing as to what I got when entering my room. A very basic room, facing the road (yes I did get the balcony I was offered but hard to see it over the ivy growing!), and a very special water feature in the bathroom coming from the ceiling. I must have been very special to have deserved the rusting, leaking roof that I didn't pay anything extra for!

I complained the following day to a miserable faced receptionist who had no real interest in the leak, who sent up a maintenance man. He smacked the roof an few times, removed a couple of panels then wiped it up with some tissue. 'All fixed he said!'.

I continued to complain for the following 4 days as it continually leaked and I had to use my towels to mop up the floor, and when I asked for new towels, well if looks could kill!

On day 5 they said they would move me, then done nothing about it. I asked for a late checkout but apparently they where fully booked, so I had the ultimate pleasure of using a filthy shower room, with no lock, and no where to put your clothes or belongings. I asked if they had a plug so I could use my hairdryer to be told there were no plus available for me to use. I had to walk to another hotel to dry my hair!

The staff were rude, uninterested and the manager felt by sending up a bottle of house wine that would solve it. Doesn't that say it all? I would not recommend anyone to stay here.

By: Nicola Bartlett - Luton (32) - Submitted 1st June 2007

Best for: Not Specified Book now

Open quote

Having read some unpleasant comments about the Veronica, we were not expecting it to be such a lovely hotel, with such a good range of lovely food. The staff were so helpful and friendly; the rooms clean and spacious; the pool wonderful with it's option of sun or shaded areas; the area just right, with bars, many restaurants and shops or a 20 minute walk to a busier area - also within easy access of roads to other island towns.
We actually found a very quiet little cove within 500 metres of our hotel where we spent two half days of our two week holiday. - We even all went paragliding!
This area of the island has lots to see. We had a car for a week and saw much more of the island, but the buses are fine for local travel.
All in all the four of us, ages 52,55,58 and 59 had a lovely holiday, made extra special by the Veronica hotel.

By: - Submitted 1st October 2006

Travel Date: January 2006 Best for: Not Specified Book now

Open quote

Just came from a week holiday in Pafos with my wife and two kids . We had a really nice time as the weather was fantastic , sea was beautiful and cypriots just can't say no to anything you ask them .
Veronica hotel is a place that what you pay is what you get. We prefered to stay in an inexpensive hotel since the time we had to stay in the hotel was very limited.

Cyprus is a very beautiful island and a lot to see. We hired a 4wd car for a week from just down the road for a very good price . We 've visit Polis , limassol , larnaca and nicosia. We went to troodos mountains and visit the villages around the mountain. We've visit the different wine villages around pafos and saw the whole procedure of wine making. I don't think that cyprus in general is a place only for sun and beach. It has more than that.
In Pafos we've been in different places and we were eating out every night . Some places we liked it and some not.
Next to the hotel is a small snack bar ";good times"; and is good to have your early drink before you go out to eat .
Next to the snack bar is the car hire company .Nice people. And on the top of the building is Lazy Bull bar and grill Most of the nights we were eating at Lazy Bull since the staff was very friendly to our kids and the food was great. We couldn't believe the portions they offer.
Try Cavallini's italian restaurant and the chinese on the top.
We had a great time in Cyprus and for sure we will be back cause we have more to see. In the same city , the same hotel .

By: Andrew Dylan - Newcastle - Submitted 1st August 2006

Travel Date: June 2006 Best for: Not Specified Book now
Operator: First Choice New Window

Open quote

We booked the holiday two days before we flew and did not know what to expect.

It was a 30 minute transfer and we arrived in the very late evening and the hotel bar was still open. We were directed to our room and were very surprised that we got very good value for money. A full bath (not a shower tray) and air conditioning that at first we did not think it was very cold, but after being in the bar having an evening drink for an hour or so came back to a cool room. The bar staff even made me a sandwich despite the kitchen being closed which was really nice.

The following day we got up and went to the pool and had a lazy day, however, with buses in abundance during the day we went to Coral Bay, which is very nice. We also went to the Afrodite Waterpark which is only a 10 minute bus ride and drops you right outside the park. For 3 days we hired a jeep so that we could go to the Baths of Aphrodite, the Adonis Waterfalls (which is a must!) and Lara Bay (Turtle Beach). If you do go to the last two places a jeep is recommended as 4-wheel drive is needed. In the evening we went to Bar Street which was a 20 minute walk and to the harbour which is about a 30 minutes walk. You can get the bus which is 80 cents each (no matter how many stops you go),but it is hit and miss for buses in the evening. There are so many resturants, bars and clubs that it is difficult to pin point a particular favourite, but if you are looking for Greek food, the best place we went to is a resturant which is on the left hand side of Woodyz club, just behind it. Just beautiful the food.

The hotel itself was perfect for us, not to far from the centre, but far enough so you are not disturbed by late night revellers, the pool was cleaned every day, the rooms were tidied every day, sheets and towels changed every other day. Also the hairdryer provider was 1500watts which was great for me! The only critism I have is that if you wanted to use the fridge, you had to pay £2.00 a day, which we found a bit steep and thus did not use it. As for breakfast it had everything you could want from cereal, to a fry up, fruit salad, vegetables and bread. A thoroughly good choice for such a good deal.

By: Angie White - London - Submitted 1st August 2006

Travel Date: July 2006 Best for: Not Specified Book now
Operator: Cosmos New Window

Open quote

We have just returned from along awaited holiday in the Veronica Hotel, and for once was glad that we where going home! One week here is enough.

The entrance lobby to the hotel is a mask for what lies behind! DO NOT take room 152, this room is a joke. No window, no balcony, just a bed and a bathroom. Needless to say, we complained immediately at reception, were we where told that we should not have been given this room, as it was for single occupancy.Like a single person would want it too!!

Eventually, we where offered a second room and this was smelly, shabby, with the curtain hanging off the rails, the lamp fittings coming down and a very poor bathroom. We where tired, so needs must. But I explained that we wanted to change rooms first thing in the morning. Our third room was marginally better, no smells and a view of sorts,through the huge trees and bushes,over the pool.Heaven help anyone on the second floor as the views where obstructed by the undergrowth.

Having read the reports about this hotel from two years ago,we still went with an open mind hoping for improvements. The gardens still haven't been tamed. The food is still horrible,if you are not German or Russian, and the pool area is now very overgrown. A maschette in your beach bag would help! Be prepared to spend alot of money in this resort, as you do need to eat out if you stay in this hotel. We where not the only people in the hotel to find it awful, the general feeling was poor, shabby and horrible food. We have stayed in better self catering facilities than this '3star' hotel(allegedly)

The resort is nice and pleasant, especially The Ulysses Irish pub, 20 yards to the right of the hotel when you leave the reception. Good food, good atmosphere, friendly people and a wonderful sunday dinner!
WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL, YOU WILL WASTE YOUR HARD EARNED CASH, AND LIVE TO REGRET IT!!

By: Helen and Laurence - Submitted 1st September 2005

Travel Date: September 2005 Best for: Not Specified Book now

Open quote

Having taken this holiday as a last resort due to our tour operator going bust and it being my sisters wedding, the only accomodation available was hotel veronica- which we hastily booked not wanting to miss the wedding- of course!!

we paid around £850 for 7 nights H.B and flew from Gatwick......thats the nice bit over with. unfortunately we didn`t check the comments on these pages regarding the food and accomodation quality beforehand. without me writing the same as the others trust me it`s true. Staff were rude and abrupt- i repeatidly complained that the a/c didn`t work for our first 3 days until the manager came down and moved us to another room moaning and groaning that we shouldn`t need it on anyway, we went in the restaurant for a look and that was as far as it got. The germans looked well happy as did the russians, the food however was `hangin` luckily some of wedding party were staying in next hotel(Avanti) which was where we spent most of our holiday...

We used our half board hotel as a youth hostel- somewhere to lay our heads as its not upto much more- best avoided!!
Would def recommend trying LUcky lukes for a bite to eat at breakfast and the indian opposite pizza hut though most of food in resort is quite dear as is the drinks so make sure you take plenty of money

By: jon n jo - Submitted 1st June 2005

Travel Date: January 2004 Best for: Not Specified Book now
Operator: Olympic New Window

Open quote

My family, some friends and myself have just returned from a holiday in Paphos staying at the Veronica and we have all had a lovely time and did not want to come home.

We were quite worried about staying at the hotel having read the many bad reports, but from our first impression of the hotel reception, lounge area and bar we were pleasantly surprised, the hotel is lovely and all the staff were very helpful and friendly.

My mother-in-laws room was up a couple of flights of steps and as she is unsteady on her feet we asked if she could be moved to nearer the lift (which incidently was clean and not at all smelly!). She was moved within a few hours. The rooms were cleaned daily, we stayed half board and the meals were fine, plenty of choice, at breakfast and dinner and plenty for everyone, the only criticism being that some of the meat selection was sometimes a little fatty.

The pool and gardens were nice and the tennis court was at the side of the gardens and in use.(We couldnt find the rats or shopping trolley). It appears that the hotel has had a make over. Paphos itself is lovely, the harbour is about 20 mins walk away. Several nice restaurants within 5 mins, some across the road. Couple of beaches 10 mins away but were a little dissapointing.The Mosaics and The Tomb of the Kings are close by and worth a visit.

We all loved the holiday, the highlight of which was my daughters wedding at the lovely St Georges Chapel, and we would be happy to stay at the Veronica if we returned to Paphos.

By: Carol Rolley - Derby - Submitted 1st June 2005