Ranked

Best for:

Party Animals Party AnimalsFurther information

50%

of reviewers would recommend Xenones Lindos to a friend

Tell us about this hotel

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 reviews

PreviousPrevious1NextNext

"disappointing"

Overall Hotel Rating:

Open quote

My husband and I arrived to be shown to a twin bedded room, first disappointment! We booked a double bedded room, we did not request this… we booked The room was tiny, but looked pleasant enough a first glance, until we realised that the self catering facilities, that we needed, were sadly lacking. There were a 2 electric rings to cook on next to the sink, with a mini fridge underneath in a cupboard, on the floor, that we had get on our knees to in order to reach anything stored at the back. The cooking utensils consisted of 2 frying pans, we had to buy a spatula! Andy did provide us with a saucepan and sandwich toaster when we complained, but why did we need to.... If he had these things available why did he not put them in the rooms to start with? The bathroom had a sliding door to seperate the bedroom/kitchen, the walls were paper thin and we could hear every time the guests in adjoining rooms turned the tap on or visited the bathroom, everything seemed to make a loud noise in these rooms...I would hardly call them peaceful! The toilet seat fell of on to the floor several times, we tried fixing it but eventually reported it to Andy (who we saw twice during our stay) he sent someone to fix it right away. The single beds were the most uncomfortable I have ever slept on, and after 3 nights my back was aching so much that we asked to be moved. On our 6th day at Xenones we were moved to a more spacious apartment B9, which was a big improvement. We expected the larger accomodation we had been moved to woud have more extensive cooking facilities.. not so. Under the sink we found a 2 ring electric hob to be plugged in and used on top of a worktop..... that was it!!! I am Celiac and chose a self catering option because there are so many foods I cannot eat that are ready made, I took gluten free bread and flour etc with me, my intention was to cook most of our food and eat it on our terrace/patio, but because of lack of an oven or even a microwave cooker I could not do this. The double mattress/ bed was no better either. On day two in our 'new' accommodation the toilet seat fell off, I asked Lily to arrange for it it to be fixed FOUR times, thinking she maybe didnt understand I asked her to tell Andy. I kept asking her,until she told me on the day before our departure,that there was now nobody who could fix it, it was the end of the season. I dont blame Lily she does a damn hard job at that place and takes the flak that Andy should get.. if you can get hold of him. The bathroom shower overflows all over the floor every time its used and so the floor is permanently swimming with water. The owner, Andy has replied to this review on another web site saying that he moved us 4 times and that we were never satified . He also stated that i had complained about my legs and my health and other various issues, all of which is completely untrue, I think he must be mistaking us for one of his other many dissatisfied customers, we spoke to many others during our stay! Come on Andy, stop making it up as you go along and get your finger out, your customers deserve better.

By: Mr & Mrs McGuinness - Submitted 23rd October 2011

• Good
  • Poor
  • Poor
  • Very Good
  • Poor
  • Below Average

Travel Date: September 2011 Best for: Party Animals
Travelled with: Mature Couple Recommend to a friend: No
Also Reviewed: Operator: On the Beach New Window

"Xenones Lindos"

Overall Hotel Rating:

Good

Open quote

This is a 4 star hotel/studio which has stunning views. It is slightly run down and managed by a single receptionist/night guard and a cleaner. Do not expect super posh for the pricey amount you pay, but slightly above basic, at least they do not charge separately for AC like most other lower star hotels! Excellent location as it is smack in the centre of Lindos town, above average services and value for money!

By: Sharon - Submitted 19th August 2011

• Average
  • Good
  • Below Average
  • Very Good
  • Good
  • Average

Travel Date: October 2010 Best for: Young Couple