Ranked

Hotel entertainment

Hotel service

Kids facilities

Location

Good

Room comfort

Value

Best for:

Young Couple Young CoupleFurther information

100%

of reviewers would recommend Sugar Beach Resort to a friend

Tell us about this hotel

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 reviews

PreviousPrevious1NextNext

"Beautiful Hotel"

Open quote

We stayed here AI for 3 and half weeks for our Honeymoon. We were automatically upgrade to a beach villa and had wine and fruit platter plus sarong and t-shirt delivered to our room. The staff were all very friendly and we found that they couldn't do enough for us. I was unfortunate to need to attend the clinic whiste we were there, but the doctor was very helpful and put me at ease. The food was fantastic especially Citronella restaurant. Although the menu is on a two week rotation, so the 3rd and half week we were there we had had all the food. There is a pool activity programme for those interested. I did pool aerobics, which was ok - not the best I have done though (I only did it the once) We would definately return to this hotel and hope to go for a furture anniversary.

By: Kimmy Morrison - Submitted 21st February 2011

• Excellent
  • Good
  • Excellent
  • Very Good

Travel Date: June 2010 Best for: Young Couple
Travelled with: Young Couple Recommend to a friend: Yes
Also Reviewed: Operator: Thomas Cook New Window

"Great"

Overall Hotel Rating:

Good

Open quote

Arrived early hours of the morning greeted by really friendly reception staff. The food was good they did chicken, fish, beef, chips and rice and various salads. The entertainment was ok.

By: Fernando - Submitted 2nd November 2010

Travel Date: January 2010 Best for: Families with Infants
Travelled with: Families with Young Kids Recommend to a friend: Yes
Also Reviewed: Operator: Portland Holidays New Window

"An absolutely fantastic hotel!"

Open quote

I went to the sugar Beach hotel resort couple of years ago with my family, and I have to say it was one of the best tropical resort hotels I've been to in a long time. We got a taxi and went into the reception, and were greeted by a really friendly staff and a cool beverage! The service was excellent throughout our two-week holiday, and all questions that we had regarding the facilities, bedroom and activities to do outside the hotel were answered again by friendly staff throughout the hotel.

We had a beachside villa, which was very comfortable and clean, and was very close to the beach-which was great for early morning walks. The pool was really fun, and I loved people sidebar but they had.

The quality of the water and the scuba diving and snorkelling around the area was fantastic. I have been to the Maldives however, and Mauritius wasn't quite up to that standard, but I really did enjoy it. The hotel offers plenty of water sports activities, including sailing, windsurfing and organise snorkelling as well as deep sea fishing (which I highly recommend!).

In the negative, is the lack of a buffet restaurant and the amount of people who wanted the beach from outside the hotel trying to sell you cheap clothes and necklaces. It did get quite annoying by the end of the holiday, but what can you do about it?!

In conclusion, I would really really recommend this hotel, is certainly one of the best on the island, and I heard that the West Coast of Mauritius was the place to be due to high winds on the east coast. Check it out!

By: James - Submitted 31st August 2010

• Excellent
  • Good
  • Very Good
  • Excellent

Travel Date: July 2009 Best for: Families with Teenagers
Travelled with: Families with Teenagers Recommend to a friend: Yes
Also Reviewed: Operator: British Airways

"Beautiful Hotel"

By: Sarah Allenby - Submitted 11th November 2010

• Excellent
  • Good
  • Excellent

Travel Date: June 2009 Best for: Young Couple
Travelled with: Young Couple Recommend to a friend: Yes
Also Reviewed: Operator: Thomas Cook New Window

"Sugar Beach Resort review"

Open quote

We have just returned from 2 weeks in Paradise and got married there too.

Sugar Beach Resort has to be one of the best places to go to in Mauritius specially to get married they make you feel so special. Yes it is a lot of money to go there but worth every penny. Sugar Beach Resort is on the West coast of the island and the Mauritians say that the west coast is the dry side of the island. Don't be put off though when it does rain as it is a very lush green island and tropical and it can rain and be quite cloudy too but still very very hot. I am a sun worshippper myself and bearing in mind we where getting married there and I can honestly say the weather although sometimes rained was exceptionally hot and it would never ever put me off going again. Cindy our wedding co ordinator was South African and she was lovely couldn't do enough for us to make our wedding special.

The hotel itself was excellent and the staff are so friendly and helpful its quite hard to get used to. The food was amazing and there was always something you could find to eat. We went all inclusive and would do the same again as it can be expensive. Before going I read an odd comment about people not understanding how the system worked regarding paying cos some things were extra - it was simple if an item didn't have a green star next to it this meant it would be extra. You sign for everything anyway so all you do is read what you are signing for. The only extras we paid for where are wedding dvd (which was excellent) and my hair and make up charges. Our photographer was also fabulous, the quality of the photos where excellent and they even put them on a disc for you to bring home and we paid a small amount for this.

All in all Sugar Beach Resort was fantastic and would recommend it to anyone even if you have children they had a kids club which we heard was excellent taking the children out and about. They told us the best months to go where May and October but I would return again in November no problem. They can get cyclones in January - February. all in all Mauritius is just like you imagine it to be - Paradise. We will return definitely in a couple of years.

By: Jayne Rhys - Liverpool - Submitted 1st December 2005