Caribbean Village Agador Reviews

Overall hotel rating for Caribbean Village Agador :

Based on 44 reviews

Good Further information

Cleanliness

Good

Food

Good

Hotel entertainment

Good

Hotel service

Good

Kids facilities

Good

Location

Good

Room comfort

Good

Value

Good

Best for:

Families with Young Kids Families with Young KidsFurther information

69%

of reviewers would recommend Caribbean Village Agador to a friend

Tell us about this hotel

Showing 1 - 15 of 45 reviews

PreviousPrevious123NextNext

"good value hotel"

Overall Hotel Rating:

Good

Open quote

the hotel etc was as we expected after reading reviews etc ..you get what you pay for and this hotel is good value for what you pay

By: stewart - Submitted 28th February 2014

• Good
  • Good
  • Very Good
  • Good
  • Very Good

Travel Date: February 2014 Best for: Families with Young Kids Book now

"good for us"

Open quote

what else could you want you have got everything in one place from pools to food and bars plus six restaraunts

By: robert laird - Submitted 3rd February 2014

• Very Good
  • Good
  • Very Good
  • Very Good
  • Very Good
  • Very Good
  • Excellent

Travel Date: January 2014 Best for: Families with Infants Book now
Also Reviewed: Operator: First Choice New Window

"Excellent first choice rep Hamit"

Open quote

Large hotel premises very clean, rooms dated but comfortable. Staff very friendly and helpful. Food average though. First choice rep called Hamit was superb, very informative and always around to assist if required. Excellent value for winter sunshine holiday and 5 minutes from the beach.

By: R Hyden - Submitted 30th January 2014

• Average
  • Good
  • Very Good
  • Very Good
  • Very Good
  • Good
  • Excellent

Travel Date: January 2014 Best for: Mature Couple Book now

"excellent"

Open quote

Was very impressed after reading reviews on Trip advisor. Excellent value for money . Food very good. Entertainment team excellent.facilities excellent. Holiday rep informative excursion well planned and explained. Room comfortable and clean. Restaurants and bars extremely clean all staff very attentive. I have ticked families with teenagers but would say there is something for everyone from babies to name and grandad . Older couples who are sociable . No good if you want to be left alone .

By: Liz Goldsmith - Submitted 1st January 2014

Travel Date: December 2013 Best for: Families with Teenagers Book now

Click to book with:

"Don't believe all the bad reviews"

Overall Hotel Rating:

Good

Open quote

Been to this hotel 6 years in a row. Staff friendly and a chilled out relaxing atmosphere. The only place I go where I can lay and relax in the sun. Even though I fell ill and had to stay in hospital a few days staff seemed to be really worried about me on my return.

By: Paul Green - Submitted 3rd November 2013

• Good
  • Average
  • Average
  • Good
  • Good
  • Excellent

Travel Date: October 2013 Best for: Families with Teenagers Book now
Travelled with: Party Animals Recommend to a friend: Yes

"Don't stay here"

Open quote

This hotel is very old and dated. The rooms are basic. Towels and linin not changed the whole week we were there despite asking the maids for fresh towels. Canteen - sorry, the restaurant, was dirty. Staff slow to clear tables after people had left therefore difficult to find somewhere clean to sit and eat. Cleared tables ourselves on occasions but waiters got stressy about this. Food same every day and for each meal. Mostly French guests but a lot of Belgium and Germans but the few British we met all had complaints, mostly regarding upset tummies. 1 lady said her husband had spent 4 days in hospital with gastroenteritis. Both myself and my friend had upset tummies the day we travelled home and is still bad now one week on. Toilets unbelievably bad - floors always flooded, often no toilet paper, always dirty and on one occasion the basin in one block was blocked for several days with sewage bubbling up into it ! I am not exaggerating, whoever you are, you will not enjoy a stay here.

By: Linda Smith - Submitted 29th October 2013

Travel Date: October 2013 Best for: Families with Young Kids Book now
Travelled with: Mature Couple Recommend to a friend: No
Also Reviewed: Operator: First Choice New Window

"Great place, shame about the food"

Overall Hotel Rating:

Good

Open quote

The hotel is in a lovely place, wonderful pools and very near the beach. Lots of steps everywhere. If you want too be served in a reasonable amount of time at the bar tip the barman. The manager who strolls around shouts a lot at the staff, not a nice man. All other staff very nice and helpful. Food just not that good same same same. Snack bar at the pizza place was the most enjoyable.

By: J cooney - Submitted 14th October 2013

• Good
  • Good
  • Very Good
  • Good
  • Good

Travel Date: September 2013 Best for: Families with Teenagers Book now

"Caribbean Village"

Overall Hotel Rating:

Good

Open quote

Just returned after a week here, 2 adults & a 10yr old. The hotel is very nice, has everything needed and well presented. Some less used areas like the tennis courts are a bit tired but everywhere is clean. There were loads of sun loungers, we never needed to reserve them. Food a little samey but we always found something to eat. Staff are very helpful & courteous, looked after us really well. I heard some guests being quite rude to staff & they were ignored! Tipping is expected but I tipped at the end of the week. Hotel is very big & I wouldnt go in the height of the season cos I think it would be too busy for my taste. But its fantastic value & Id go back tommorrow!

By: R dobson - Submitted 14th September 2013

• Good
  • Average
  • Average
  • Very Good
  • Average
  • Good
  • Very Good
  • Excellent

Travel Date: September 2013 Best for: Families with Young Kids Book now

Click to book with:

"Worst hotel I've ever stayed in!"

Open quote

The good... The mini club for 4-12 year olds was well run and our two children (aged 5 & 7) enjoyed their time there. They had their own pool and got to do some of the fun activities (e.g. mini golf, mini volleyball, and get dressed in Moroccan clothes). The animation team were very good. They always had a smile on their faces and there were lots of daily activities for the adults, along with the evening shows that were very entertaining. The Moroccan restaurant (Medina) was the best of the speciality restaurants. The decor and the food made it a nice meal. The bad... The hotel has large grounds and 4 pools (only one really suited for small children). Unfortunately there was no chance of getting a sun lounger after 7:30AM, and they were squashed in. In the second week we witnessed an argument between guests over a splashing “incident” by the pool, which turned very ugly. Earlier that day someone had thrown two sun loungers into the pool during another argument! Drinks from the pool bar were warm and the service was so slow that huge queues formed regularly. They were served in plastic cups that were so small that you felt like another drink immediately afterwards. For example, I queued for 15 minutes for a warm Sprite that was barely a single mouthful! You were limited to two drinks per person, expect some “special” people who were served more, and also seemed exempt from queuing, much to my frustration. In the end I gave up queuing and helped myself from the water dispenser which was actually cold. Warm drinks were also served in the speciality restaurants, and it was very hard to attract a waiter for refills. No air-conditioning in our room made sleeping unpleasant. None of the restaurants or reception had air-con either, so there was no escape from the heat. Ironically there was an air conditioning unit on the wall outside our window which was often on, so I assume our neighbour had it, but this kept us awake at night, in addition to the heat! There were sticky surfaces everywhere, in our room and the public places, which made the whole place feel “dirty” and I couldn’t wait to get home and have a good scrub! The toilet cleaners smoked whilst doing their jobs making the public toilets extremely unpleasant places to visit. There were badly designed chairs in the main restaurant that made it impossible to slide them in or out.

By: Steve Dyte - Submitted 6th September 2013

• Good
  • Good
  • Average
  • Poor
  • Below Average

Travel Date: August 2013 Best for: Families with Young Kids Book now
Travelled with: Families with Young Kids Recommend to a friend: No

"Worst Hotel Ever"

Open quote

Annual Family Holiday the worst ever No representative on coach. Coach driver dropped family off at the top of the hill - told us to walk down the road. Entered dark, dingy, unwelcoming reception area. Given key to our family room - totally unacceptable due to filth, lavatory etire, broken/old furniture and lack of sufficient space. Changed the room - informed much better room - received same room but with a pool view. Called the 24 hour helpline - informed me and my family wanted to change hotels ASAP - spent unnecessary charges - as was told to speak to our representative in the morning. My husband and I spoke to the representative Hamit - he informed there was room in Marrakech at the Palmeria (my family and I stayed there 2012) - he then informed us it would be £1,500 extra - which were willing to pay. He then paused and informed us that we to now have to pay between £400-£600 transfer fee on top of the £1,500 - this was now unacceptable considering we had already paid nearly £4,000 for our annual family holiday. He then informed us 'the hotel is only for sleeping in - go out and enjoy Agadir - My family and I were very disappointed and disheartened - he shrugged his shoulders and said - nothing more for him to do. My family and I walked away. Our first evening - loud music was played open air throughout complex from 11.00pm-12.30pm - we thought this to be just a 'one off' - no - this was every evening - this is a family complex and not acceptable in any family complex in any part of the world. If not tipping the pool man - customers had to get up around 5.00am to obtain a sunbed - ridiculous!!! - My family and I always have our annual family in holiday in August. I know this is a busy period but not to be able to walk around your lounger sunbed was an unnerving experience for all the family. Meal times was too an unacceptable experience. Apart from the waiters wearing unwashed, stained, opened shirts and waiters hygiene not 100% - their attitude is unacceptable. My family and I walked into the restaurant and sat at a table - not known to us there was a loaf of bread on a chair - the waiter came over and spoke very loudly (for all to hear) told us to get up, move, move and shuffled his hands at us - my family and I very embarrassed and humiliated got up and moved. My husband and I observed the waiters - their trick was to put glasses, bread and sets of keys on many tables as though somebody was already sitting there - these places were saved for people who have tipped them or for customers who they believed would eventually tip them at the end of their holiday - and this information was to told to us by a waiter from the hotel. My family and I spoke to many First Choice customers of the hotel and to inform First Choice Company it has been nick named 'Blackpool in the Sun' and this is not a good representation. I could go on and on with this complaint but I am so disheartened that I have put my family through our family annual holiday at this hotel. As a family we book our next annual family a week after our return - apologies not this time with First Choice. My family and I have been loyal customers with First Choice for the past 13 years and spent over £45, 000 (please check your records to clarify my truth) - Due to this experience my husband has informed me to now look at another tour operator as he correctly said - after 13 years of a loyal customer to First Choice, First Choice as a company have never shown any loyalty to us as a customer. I would strongly recommend First Choice Company truly LOOK into this hotel as I believe this is not a true reflection of what your company represents. As I have never complained in the past 13 years I am a tad comprehensive If these are truly read and dealt with. Kind regards D Couser

By: Mrs D Couser - Submitted 25th August 2013

• Average
  • Good
  • Poor
  • Poor

Travel Date: August 2013 Best for: Party Animals Book now
Travelled with: Families with Teenagers Recommend to a friend: No
Also Reviewed: Operator: First Choice New Window

"Excellent value for money"

Open quote

Friendly, helpful staff ensured we had a good holiday. The hotel has both quiet and lively facilities to suit most tastes. We enjoyed the activities organised around the main pool, but others relaxed by the quieter pools. Food was good, a bit repetitive in the main restaurant, but there was plenty of variety if you also used the speciality restaurants. Some of the stall holders in the complex could be persistent and relentless, whilst others were friendly and accepted " no thank you" Our rooms were clean and comfortable,serviced daily. You need to hire a fridge, and take your own hair dryer and kettle. There is no air conditioning, which was fine in May. The " Fantasia" Moroccan night was entertaining and good value. Our party included three generations of our family, we all had a good holiday.

By: Alayne Harris - Submitted 9th June 2013

• Good
  • Good
  • Very Good
  • Average
  • Very Good
  • Good
  • Excellent

Travel Date: May 2013 Best for: Families with Young Kids Book now
Also Reviewed: Operator: First Choice New Window

"SECOND TIME. ( LOVED IT )"

Open quote

Would suit all who like all inclusive, a bit limited for teenagers this area, but the people love the young kids, and plenty to entertain them at this hotel. Try it.

By: IAN CUNINGHAME - Submitted 29th May 2013

Travel Date: May 2013 Best for: Mature Couple Book now

Click to book with:

"worst all inclusive i have ever satayed "

Open quote

very old and dark not all inclusive as you have to hire hairdryers food appalling towels need replacing as they are all worn out themed restaurants food in madame butterfly inedible had to walk out, not at all suitable for wheelchairs as there are steps all over and it is a ten minute walk to the beach not on beach as we were told,ice creams had to be paid for and none in restaurant not what you go all inclusive for every thing was extra if it were not for the weather would have tried to leave early

By: a hall - Submitted 19th February 2013

Travel Date: February 2013 Best for: Mature Couple Book now
Travelled with: Mature Couple Recommend to a friend: No
Also Reviewed: Operator: Skytours New Window

"Good value 3star hotel"

Open quote

Spacious and well laid out hotel in a good location very close to the sea - plenty of pools and loungers to choose from with pretty gardens. Room shower was brilliant but the room smelt a bit dank.... perhaps from the curtains or rug? The soft furnishings should be laundered or changed to remedy this. The food was plentiful but there was often a shortage of cups for tea which was annoying as this is easily remedied. Overall a good value hotel - nothing more.

By: Cockbain - Submitted 31st October 2012

• Good
  • Good
  • Average
  • Excellent
  • Good
  • Excellent

Travel Date: October 2012 Best for: Families with Young Kids Book now

"Perfect accommodation "

Open quote

My family absolutely loved the hotel and all the staff were extremely friendly, best holiday ever and we would love to return again next year

By: Debbie Jones - Submitted 23rd October 2012