Tell us about this hotel
Showing 1 - 1 of 1 review
Overall Hotel Rating:
We stayed here for 5 nights. They provide a minibus to pick you up from the pier and take you to Panviman. It's an hour journey on the bumpiest and most unstable roads I've ever seen in my life (you won't like it if you get car sick). We stayed in a deluxe villa which I liked - it was up in the mountains with the most fabulous views. The room itself was dark wood which I thought was nice but my husband thought it was a bit like a log cabin and a bit dark (depressing). They advertise the deluxe rooms as having an outside bath tub but ours was indoors. Nice big balcony with sunbeds and table and chairs.
Bed is comfortable. Room service every day but I'm really surprised they don't provide flannels (face towels) - thought that was really odd.
Panviman is definitely not for disabled people or anyone that is unfit/couldn't manage a lot of climbing. Our deluxe room (because it was up a mountain) involved climbing up the steepest slope I've ever seen - we felt we should have donned our mountain climbing gear just to get to the room after going to breakfast/pool/beach! (I'm not exaggerating - we are both young and fit and found it really hard work) - ask for a deluxe room near to the beach if you don't fancy the climbing.
Breakfast is complimentary and very nice (omelette/egg cook, all the usual fried breakfast stuff, salads, noodles, rice, fruit, cakes, yoghurt?, breads, pastries, juices)
The swimming pool is amazing (there are lots of little pools flowing into each other) - stunning.
Beach is really good too. Soft sand and nice clean sea.
The negative things about Panviman are:
- some of their staff are unfriendly (not what we were accustomed to from staying in Bangkok and Koh Samui) and at lunchtime in the pool cafe, they couldn't cope with serving 4 tables. In the evenings, we preferred to eat at Baan Panburi, just a short walk down the beach.
- steep slopes/steps to get everywhere
- don't go there for nightlife - the kitchens of the restaurants shut at 9.30 and the bars are not open too late either.
- it's very isolated (hour's drive from anywhere) or a boat ride away (but on the other hand, that's what's kept it beautiful, quiet and uncommercialised).
- the gorgeous pool and beach and views overcome all the negative. It's gorgeous.
I'd recommend this place and visit again.
By: Hayley and Darren - Submitted 1st March 2006
|Travel Date:||March 2006||Best for:||Not Specified|
|Travelled with:||Not Specified||Recommend to a friend:||Not Specified|