Ranked

Overall hotel rating for Hotel Sunset Plaza:

Based on 4 reviews

Very Good Further information

Cleanliness

Good

Food

Good

Hotel entertainment

Good

Hotel service

Good

Kids facilities

Good

Location

Good

Room comfort

Good

Value

Good

Best for:

Young Couple Young CoupleFurther information

100%

of reviewers would recommend Hotel Sunset Plaza to a friend

Tell us about this hotel

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 reviews

PreviousPrevious1NextNext

"Lovely Hotel :)"

Overall Hotel Rating:

Good

Open quote

The hotel was lovely with very pleasent staff. I would deffinetly stay here again, great value for money!!

By: A Doherty - Submitted 27th November 2011

• Good
  • Good

Travel Date: September 2010 Best for: Young Couple
Travelled with: Young Couple Recommend to a friend: Yes
Also Reviewed: Operator: icelolly.com

Excellent

Open quote

We went to the Sunset Plaza for a week in early August.

The weather was extremely nice and hot. Luvvly jubbly!

The hotel was fantastic and well worthy of it's 4 star status in my opinion. There were loads of loungers and there is also a private beach that you get to via a zig-zag path down a hill. Great going down, but hard work coming back up, so if you have walking difficulties, you won't make it! It is worth going down though as the beach is lovely and the loungers are right at the waters edge. Half way down (up?) is a bar and you can have a drink or ice cream there. If you wanted a snack or dinner, you can order it there and a waiter will bring it down from the hotel. Our hotel room was nice and big, with air con and a small fridge, and was absolutely spotless. The large pool was super clean - one of the best I've been in, and I've tried a lot!

We went for BandB, and the food was pretty good, with a fair choice, but there was a big problem with wasps in the restaurant and they were all over the food and tables. They didn't bother me too much but my wife was freaking out! Drinks at the bar were more expensive than outside, but that's to be expected. If you like cocktails, then you won't like it! I had a Pina Colada and a Margarita, and both were awful, although I did have a Pina Colada outside too (in Young Brothers restaurant in Ladies Beach), which was equally as bad. To be fair to Young Brothers, we did eat there several times, and the food was fantastic and I had the best steak that I've had in my life! Just don't order a cocktail ;-) We tried an English restaurant on the prom at Ladies Beach (can't recall the name - Rosie and Jim or something) and it was TERRIBLE - avoid at all costs.

From the hotel, it's a 10-15 minute walk to Ladies Beach, although the local bus, Dolmus (pronounced DOLMUSH - I think I sound like Sean Connery as James Bond when I say it), takes you there in a minute and is very cheap. We normally walked there and got the bus back. Lazy gits! The bus goes straight into Kusadassi (KOOSHADASY)and takes about 10-15 minutes, and you must to go there to see the shops, etc.- it is a great place. The ";greeters"; (hasslers) are a PITA, but just ignore them, although sometimes it is a laugh haggling with them. There is a restaurant down at the marina - give it a wide berth. The service is terrible, it is way overpriced, and the food was awful when it eventually came. We asked for some butter for our bread, and when the bill came, they charged us 6 Euros for 2 small prepacked butters. What a rip off, and when we complained they would not take it off the bill. No tip for the waiter obviously.

I wanted an AUTHENTIC Turkish Bath, not one of them you get as an excursion which is nothing like the real Mccoy. Right in the centre of Kusadassi is where the Turkish bath and massage place is, although you need to ask people exactly where, as it's not that easy to find. It is more expensive than going on the excursion one, but worth it, as the baths must be about 300 years old or more. I'm guessing. But they're old! I got the bath and the massage, and am convinced the massage guy escaped from Planet of the Apes! I've never seen a hairier guy! I'm sure he was trying his hardest to make me squeal like a pig. But I didn't! It was a good experience though, and a good laugh, and you should definately have one. My wife decided not to have one though, when she seen the guy - she just walked around the shops for an hour and we agreed to meet at a coffee shop.

If you're going on excursions shop around - there is a place called (?) up a side street and he is much cheaper than everyone else and the service is exceptional. Before we booked, we were a bit dubious as he was a good bit cheaper and we decided to go on a boat trip with them, which stopped off at three different places, and we had a fantastic lunch onboard. They collect you at the hotel and drop you off too. We were so impressed that we went straight back to him and booked the Turkish night at the fort with him. Let me tell you - this is a great night with lots of different acts/singers dancers and the food was good to, and plenty of it. When the top billing (the belly dancer)came on, she was stunning. I was expecting some old dear with about 4 bellies, but she was young and extremely fit. The all inclusive drink flowed and it was a good night.

That's about it, but go! Oh.......sounds obvious now, but the reason it is called SUNSET PLAZA, is because it has the most amazing sunsets!!!!! Take a camera and plenty of film. There is a photographer at the hotel called Elvis (his real name is Farty!) and he will take some amazing photos of you and your partner at sunset, and the price is very reasonable. He always has photos on show near the pool - you will see them hanging up. Also a mention to Suzi, who is the girl in charge of entertainment. She's from Macedonia and has a lovely accent when she speaks English! Do try and join in doing some of the games - it's a laugh. We met some Russian girls, some Bulgarians and a family from Iran. We made good friends with an Irish couple in paricular and the Craic was dead on, with yer man, Jerry, there!!!!!

By: Stevie Gibson - Glasgow - Submitted 1st December 2006

Travel Date: August 2006 Best for: Not Specified

Excellent

Open quote

Sunset Plaza is laid out in small low rise blocks surrounding a central pool area with pool bar and restaurant overlooking the little beach below the hotel. Rooms are a good size and comfortably furnished. The bath is only half length but at least there is a bath. The hotel location is a few miles south of kusadasi and a mile south of ladies beach but the dolmus stops at the end of the lane so that really isn't a problem and the relatively out of the way position means it's nice and quiet. Below the hotel is a small sandy beach, accessible via a zig zag path. No problem if you're fit but could be if you aren't. There's also a beach bar and grassy sunbathing terrace. The hotel provide sunbeds here and on the beach at no extra cost.

Reports about not being able to bring water and wine on site from outside are unfounded. Provided you're discreet, it isn't a problem. There is a tiny shop by the pool but it doesn't sell water or alcohol.

Breakfast was fine with enough choice. Staff were very helpful and friendly.

Kusadasi is fascinating. The street markets are well worth visiting - Wednesday for textiles and general goods. Friday for fruit and veg. The dolmus stops nearby - just ask for the market.

Shop and restaurant 'greeters' can get a bit annoying but if you're in the mood, can be good fun too.

The excursion to the limestone pools at Pamukkale is good but be aware that you can't go in the pools anymore and you only get a very short time there. There isn't time to visit the pools, the museum, Cleopatra's pools and the ruins of the roman city of Hierapolis. Best part of the trip is the thermal mud baths at the hotel you have lunch in.

The turkish evening in the Caravanserai (fort) is very good too, especially in September when it's dark.

If you are on an early morning flight, the Bodrum stop over is well worth taking. Having a room available up to your collection time is excellent and the boat trip is an excellent end to a holiday. You even get time to explore Bodrum.

When you arrive at the airport on arrival, it's chaos. You need to queue for a visa first (£10 cash each) then queue for passport control. By September, most of the visa booths aren't staffed and it took an hour to get through.

Weather in September is good - hot and sunny enough most of the time. Warm enough to go out in the evening withou having to resort to a jumper.

By: Alan Diana Turner - Submitted 1st October 2005

Travel Date: September 2005 Best for: Not Specified

Below Average

Open quote

the thing about this hotel were,it was meant to be a 4* but i would never had said that maybe a 2*.

The food (well it was based on a bed and breakfast)it was all set out lovely but you couldnt help yourself due to the flys all over the place it was really bad and i will say this it does not cater for us british or children.You have a fridge in your room but you can only use there shop (which is a little shop with nothing in it) you cant bring food or drink in from outside as the security will take it away.Also they like to charge everythink to your room which we fount out that people were being over charged all the time.Also do not use there security safe as it is not worth it everyone as the same pin you are not allowed to use your own pin for the safe. also my ring was taken from the safe (so there your answer to that)also this hotel is set away from the town so you either have to use the buses or taxi that the only way of travelling.

Maybe i compared this holiday to all my other's and i would not go back there nor would i suggest it to others i did fly with first choice whom were lovely to fly with and the rep was nice to it just a shame that we didnt enjoy ourselfs nor did others in the hotel.

By: michelle essex - Submitted 1st July 2005