Samira Deluxe Hotel and Apartments Reviews

Very Good Further information

Cleanliness

Food

Hotel entertainment

Good

Hotel service

Kids facilities

Best for:

Young Couple Young CoupleFurther information

88%

of reviewers would recommend Samira Deluxe Hotel and Apartments to a friend

Tell us about this hotel

Showing 1 - 15 of 28 reviews

PreviousPrevious12NextNext

"Wonderful Stay"

Open quote

A very pleasant stay at these apartment. Extremely clean and large enough for a family of 4. Only downside was the airconditioning unit was in the living area, so could be quite uncomfortable in the bedroom. Staff very welcoming.

By: Tracey Wood - Submitted 21st October 2011

• Very Good
  • Good
  • Very Good
  • Very Good
  • Very Good
  • Very Good

Travel Date: August 2011 Best for: Young Couple
Travelled with: Families with Teenagers Recommend to a friend: Yes
Also Reviewed: Operator: Thomas Cook New Window

"Lovely & relaxing with friendly staf"

Overall Hotel Rating:

Good

Open quote

Staff were very friendly Turkish night was fun and great pool. Not busy nor sleepy. We had to change rooms as were given one in a busy ground floor spot initially but did eventually get our sea view!

By: Joanne - Submitted 2nd March 2011

• Good
  • Very Good
  • Good
  • Very Good
  • Average
  • Good
  • Good

Travel Date: May 2010 Best for: Families with Young Kids
Travelled with: Families with Young Kids Recommend to a friend: Yes
Also Reviewed: Operator: Direct Holidays New Window

"Not very relaxing!"

Average

Open quote

Let’s start with the positives, the food, the facilities and cleanliness are all very good. But that’s where it ends, my main gripe is that you are never left alone, the staff are trying to make you buy extras all day and that starts at Breakfast. On the table is a menu of “extras” not included in your package and immediately the waiters are trying to sell you things. I also experienced something I never have in any eating place, breakfast finishes at 10 and at 9.50 a waiter will basically say “you’ve got 10 minutes to get out”!!! Also if you are half board, you have to take your table before 7.30pm or you are out of luck as it is a public restaurant also. So if you are half board you are herded like cattle throughout your stay, not very relaxing! Also Kalkan is seriously struggling with its power supply on a good day you may get half a dozen power cuts, on a bad day it could be 20+. Very annoying as the air conditioning in the rooms does not reset, so if it happens during the night it ether keeps waking you up or you wake up sweating buckets!!! Finally, the receptionist at the Samira was probably the rudest Turk I have ever met (and usually Turks are absolutely wonderful!). We arrived from another hotel and my Wife lost her purse during our transfer, I asked the receptionist if he would phone the other hotel to check, he did and informed me he would charge me! I wanted him to help me cancel the credit cards, but as a queue had built up he told me he had no more time to deal with me as he was busy and to come back later! When I did he had gone off shift! Customer service! Basically, if you want a quiet stay go somewhere else.

By: Philip Liberman - Submitted 16th August 2009

• Average
  • Good
  • Very Good
  • Very Good

Travel Date: July 2009 Best for: Families with Young Kids
Travelled with: Mature Couple Recommend to a friend: No
Also Reviewed: Operator: Jewel in the crown

"paradise"

Open quote

We stayed at the Samira in June 2009 in an apartment which gave us the luxury of extra space and a fridge which I believe the bedrooms do not have. We were half board and had the choice of two restaurants both excellent and if you wished something off the a la carte menu you only paid half the price. The same was with the Turkish Night. Everywhere was spotless and staff were friendly and curtious and enjoyed practising their English with you. Great views of the bay from both the breakfast room and the Bospherous restaurant. Kalkan is built on a hill so it's not for the infirm. Free boats and taxis to beaches. Plenty of places to eat if you don't want to go half board. We want to go back for the friendship and the weather.

By: Brenda Tait - Submitted 24th July 2009

Travel Date: June 2009 Best for: Mature Couple
Travelled with: Mature Couple Recommend to a friend: Yes

"Fantastic"

Open quote

by far the nicest people you will ever meet in your life, so friendly and most speak very good english! biggest pool in kalkan with plenty of sunbeds to lounge on and games to play if you've had too much sun! i.e. pool, table tennis, air hockey, table football. staff are always eager and happy to help and they made our holiday brilliant! we would have gone to the beaches a bit more but since the hotel pool and staff were so nice we just stayed there! the only rubbish part was coming home, would recommend to absoultely anybody....unless you hate big hills!!

By: loren aspell - Submitted 15th June 2009

Travel Date: June 2009 Best for: Young Couple
Travelled with: Party Animals Recommend to a friend: Yes

"Fab Hotel"

Open quote

What a beautiful quaint hotel. Very quiet when we visited end May. Plenty of sunbeds and good drinks prices. Staff were all wonderful and Kalkan, despite having grown a little more this year is still beautiful.

We had serious problems with our transfer company Yeslin Dalyan and the rep for hotels 4u, Claire, decided she was not our rep but since our return it has been confirmed that she was. A 5 hour transfer from Dalaman at 4 in the morning was no joke, being dropped off our original bus to be placed in a cab at Fethiye and then forced to take the half hour break at a chosen petrol station was not received well by us.We heard others had not been met at the airport and left to catch a taxi at various times of the night. Our return transfer never arrived despite the hotel manageress and the receptionist ringing and faxing for two days and we were left to make an emergency dash to the airport in a private taxi costing £60. My advice, do not use Yeslin Dalyan for your transfer. Other than that I cannot fault the holiday. All the staff in the hotel were first class and our rooms were spotless every day and smelt beautiful.

Flight was with Pegasus Airlines - people were being made to empty their suitcases to reach 15 or 20 kg - however I checked the scales when it was our turn and they were not on 00 but 0.7 so do check them before placing your bags on the scales.

By: J Heath - Submitted 9th June 2009

Travel Date: May 2009 Best for: Not Specified
Travelled with: Party Animals Recommend to a friend: Yes
Also Reviewed: Operator: jetline travel

"Dont get your Samiras mixed up!!!"

Open quote

I have been to kalkan several times and I notice that reviewers have mixed up the 2 x samiras. The samira de luxe is at the top of town some way out requiring a mini bus to town.

The Samira Apartments/Hotel is virtually in town.

I have stayed in both and are equally good.

The Samira De Luxe has the better pool and is less busy.

But the Samira in town is better located.

Depends what you want and how mobile you are........personally I would go for the Samira in town but I am talking about 5 years or so ago.

By: Steve - Submitted 18th September 2008

Travel Date: June 2006 Best for: Young Couple
Travelled with: Family Recommend to a friend: Yes
Operator: First Choice New Window

"Kalkan Overall"

Open quote

This is my second time to kalkan, but first on my own with a friend, and i had the most amazing holiday. i defintaely recommend it to people of all ages. not recommended for people with walking difficulties as it is very hilly. i wetn in july and the weatehr was perfect. in stayed in samira deluxe in the mountains my second time there and is still very good, daily cleaning servie, largest pool in kalkan, the staff are so friendly as well. turkish night weekly with delicious homemade food and great entertainment. many things go throughtout the week pool tournamnet, pool parties, turkish nioght, sunday roasts...the list goes on. staff so friendly especially muhammet, hassan, alp, ilyas, yousef, and fatma restaurant wise there is so many to choose from the closer to the harbour the more expenseive, there is a little restaurnt opposite kalamar road called OzAdana and i go dinner there for about 3 lira 50 and thats equivalent ot about£1.50, all restauratns food is stunning, and so fresh and local. la terraza is run by a very friendly english lady also with stunning rooftop views. Kayra by jimmys byu the harbour is very reasonable and the spaghetti carbonara is to die for! lushhh food! club wise NO NAME BAR is a must its quite tuicked away but has the best atomosphere after baout midnight and 1am with foam partys every other night and all the staff are like friends now, so lively and rooftop seating area so can see out onto the sea and harbour, MOONLIGHT BAR is also very good on the main high street with good music and staff, and YALI BAR is a must with free popcorn adn hubble bubble of various flabours and a nice comfy ottoman seating area. the people throughtout kalkan are all so friendly and it isnt forced either, you will wlak down the street and be greeted by about 10 unknown peple not trying to sell things but just because they like to be nice! trip wise defo have a trip to patara beach golden sands, and kalamar beach club is gorgeous! jeep safari is also very nice! kalkan is a beautiful and amazing little village quietly tucked away in the mountains and the sea its not very big and is still unspoilt. go there before you die.

By: Lora - Submitted 20th August 2008

• Good
  • Excellent
  • Excellent
  • Excellent
  • Very Good

Travel Date: July 2008 Best for: Families with Teenagers
Travelled with: Friends Recommend to a friend: Yes
Also Reviewed: Operator: XL.com

"Samira Hotel"

Open quote

Hotel Samira is a well run, friendly hotel in a good location just outside the old town. There is a bank and a supermarket adjacent to the hotel. The staff are very helpful and friendly and the hotel is kept spotlessly clean. The weekly Turkish night is good value as the food is excellent and there is a dance troupe and a belly dancer. Breakfast is Turkish style but you can pay extra for English if you prefer. We found the food in town to be much better than the hotel - there are many lovely rooftop restaurants to choose from. We found Sofra, Arena, Ozturk and Kosk to be among the best, we didnt enjoy Ilyana or Breeze just as much although both were good too. The all day boat trips are very enjoyable, as are taking the small boat taxis too the beach clubs. Kalamar beach club does a good range of sports including scuba. My kids did the PADI course there, the instruction was very good. Kalkan is a lovely resort, with a nice relaxed atmosphere. It seems to attract couples and families with teenagers - younger children have plenty to do during the day but not much at night time.

By: Bob - Submitted 29th July 2008

Travel Date: July 2008 Best for: Not Specified
Operator: Thomas Cook New Window

"My best holiday in Kalakn"

Open quote

I've spent in Kalkan about 15 days in July 07. I visited Kas Patara and Rodos Island Three places you must see being over there but most of the time I stayed in Kalkan If you like taking shots that wolud be paradise for you !!! Because I don't really like spend all day on the beach I've found in one of travel offices in Kalkan (one next to the Mosque) great offers about diving Even if you've never done this before try I had my dinners in a few restaurants but my favorite is Iso's kitchen Amazing food Polite and professional service and nice atmosphere Try Chicken soup and chicken kebab I'm going there 10 days time again Have a nice holiady

By: Kasia - Submitted 16th July 2008

Travel Date: July 2007 Best for: Not Specified
Operator: First Choice New Window

Open quote

we booked six weeks before we went we had a three bedroom apt for the two of us we had the best time ever so relaxing and really friendly we have booked the same place again even the same apartments everywhere we went we had a good meal and friendly service all the resturants we visited we had a good meal we are lookjing forward to being back its the first time we have ever been back to the same place since we have been going abroad in the 22 years since we have been married see you soon samira apartments

By: lynn davison - Submitted 1st March 2008

Best for: Not Specified

Open quote

The accomadation and staff were excellent,rooms cleaned and linen changed every other day. Everyone was very friendly and nothing was a trouble. The pool was a godsend, spring fed and quite cool, essential when the tempartures soared to 45 C.
Kalkan town is marvellous, best bar was Utopia, best view of the bay, good beer and friendly staff, very comfortable couches outside and excellent music.

Prices have gone up quite a bit, judging by earlier reviews. We were paying between 50 and 80 lira, 3 courses for me and 2 courses for my wife plus a couple of beers or glasses of wine. But is still cheap by comparison to UK.

Best restraunts, Olive garden and Merkez Cafe, both run by same family, Rebecca is a Brit and the full english breakfast at Merkez has real bacon and a MUG of tea for 15 lira. The pizza's are out of this world.

Alibabbas and Kaya, next door to each other, were both excellent, as was Doyum.

Iso's, which only seats 18 people, is off the beaten track but well worth a visit.

We had problems at the Ilban restraunt, the head waiter was very stand offish. My wife only wanted a salad for a main course andwe gothe distinct impression that he was not happy that we were not sending enough but the way he thew the plates down on the table.

At the Arena we had a starter and when the main course had not arrived after 45 minutes, and other people who had arrived after us had been served theirs, I asked for a bill. The of the staff ran down stairs and returned with our main courses. My sea bass was so over cooked It was difficult to remove the flesh from the skin.

Rami's is another to avoid very expensive.

We had an excellent trip to Saklikent gorge which included a visit to a trout farm for lunch and the ruins at Tlos, the trip was arranged thro Adda tours by our Thompson guide Victoria (who was marvellouse by the way). The tour guide, Mehmet was excellent and the onlt downside was the stop off at a carpet factory. Very hard sell and extremely off putting.

We also had a good trip to the sunken city.

Patara beach is well worth a visit but be carefull if there is a surf. I got knocked over and I am 6'4 and 16 stone.
10 lira each for a return ticket.

For transport we mainly used the dolmus, cheap and convenient. The main bus depot for Kalkan is only a couple of minutes walk from the Samira Apartments.

Kas (Kash) is well worth a visit, 30 minutes and 6 lira each for a return ticket. We had a n excellent lunch at the Sultans Garden by Kas harbour.

Hire cars are avilable for £20-25 per day.

Taxi prices have risen considerably. We were told that the trip from the town centre to the apartments were costing 4-5 lira in may and now they are charging 8.

Having said that the Samira Delux runs a shuttle bus every hour to and from Kalkan until midnight.

There is a good mini market called Sevil's next to the Samira Hotel in the town and they will deliver both you and the goods you purchase to your hotel(free!).

Caterina Pension a 10 minute walk from along past the harbour it worth a visit.
They have sun terraces reaching down to the sea and their prices are competative.
Beware the cold springs that rise up from the sea bed. One minute you can be swimming in pleasantly warm water, the next it can be suprisingly cold.

This was our first time to both Kalkan and Turkey and I am already planning to return next year. We will prodably go in June as it should be little but cooler

By: JOHN VAL HARTLAND - Submitted 1st July 2007

Travel Date: July 2007 Best for: Not Specified
Operator: Other

Open quote

Just returned from Samira. We went 8/9-22/9 and had a really good time. It is our 4th visit here. Weather ver very hot this time of year (normally go end of Sept) but not too much of a problem second week as it turnt fresher, not so humid of an evening. The hotel was very clean and kept tidy all day. It was nice to see the staff who have been there awhile. As usual , ERGUN was as helpful as ever. Gunay was still at the pool bar keeping it very clean and tidy, very efficient barman.Life was there too and a very good member of staff, so too is Ali. Isam (hAPPY as i called him because he always was ) was a great person and my favourite. He is a double od Danny De Vito.

Kalkan is such a lovely resort with lots of little alleyways you can walk down and admire the sea view as you do. It is hilly in Kalkan but well worth the walk up and down to the harbour. Lots of restaurants to eat in in fact too many to mention, but my favourites are Alternitif, Kosk(belongs to hotel), Doy Doy, Old Trading House, Adem (for lunch), Foto Place (Pancake Lady as we call it), Alibaba (Soup Kitchen as we callit), Odak (for his Shrimp Boreks), Breeze (eat there twice, food very nice and Albay and his partner are great people). We were there for our 25th Wedding Anniversary and our friends joint us for our second week (they went to Turunc for the first week) and our friends sister also joint us for our second week. We booked to have our anniversary meal at the KOSK and it was a most wonderful evening that was arranged as a surprise for us by oiur friends and the Samira Hotel (Urgan you did us proud THANKS). We had Wine and Champagne on the house, our friends arranged a cake for us which had a big cake candle (looked like a firework) and we did have indoor fireworks going off and other customers at restaurant were waving sparklers in their hands and wished us a happy 25th, it was all so lovely. our friends sister organised Gunay at the hotel pool bar to give us a special cocktail each as we got to the b ar before we went to eat and that was very nice too. A big THANKS to you all, youn made our day so very special.

There is onbe negative thing i do have to mention about the hotel. They have become very pushy to get you to eat at their other hotel (upstairs from the hotel) The Bosphorous, we found this very off putting as it was in your face every day. We have eaten their two years ago so felt that they should not do that. If you want to eat there you will.!!!!! Also be aware that they charge extras at brekfast, but do not make it known. they have a menu card but prices were not readable, but that was put right after complaints i imagine. The pool bar's music is very loud now (was not too bad last tim e we were there), people save beds ver early and bean bags in shade too, which we found frustrating at times as you coiuld n ot get shade if youn wanted it. Iknow i might come across as being petty but reviews are for being honest and kletting other people know the good and bad points of hotel and resorts.

We did have a great holiday and would not hesitate in returning there in the near future.

By: Pat and George - Submitted 1st October 2006

Travel Date: September 2006 Best for: Not Specified

Open quote

The transfer time from Dalaman Airport was approx 2 hours. We had a toilet stop on route and a small bottle of water was provided for each person during the journey.

We stayed in a 1 bedroom apartment which slept 4 people using the sofas in the lounge. Air conditioning is in the bedroom only. The apartments were very clean and all linen was changed every other day. The kitchen area in the lounge was basic and there was very little worktop area to prepare food, but hey you're on holiday! There wasn't a microwave but there was a massive fridge. The Balcony was only big enough to seat 2 adults comfortably.
You do need to provide your own T-Towels, washing up liquid and dishcloths.
We found that there was seldom any hot water and if you attempted to shower after 8pm it turned to a trickle and was very cold!!!. But we were staying when the accommodation was full.

The swimming pool is large with a separate but adjoining children's area. To the side of the pool area there are also 2 pool tables and 2 Air Hockey tables each costing 1 lire per game and also table tennis which is free. Sun beds are comfortable and are plentiful. You can obtain them at any time of the day.
There are 3 computers with web cams in the reception area which proved very popular with teenagers. The cost is 3 lire for 1 hours use.
Safety deposit facilities are charged @ £10.00 per week and this is located in the reception. You can convert Sterling, Euros and US dollars in reception but the rate is not as good as you can get in the town.

Breakfast and snack food is served in the bar area by the pool throughout the day at reasonable prices. The pizzas are especially nice! Turkish and BBQ nights are held on alternate Fridays at a cost of £10.00 per person, although under 10's are free. The Turkish night includes food, Turkish Dancer, dance/music group and fireworks. If you don't like making a fool of yourself then don't go.

During the evenings Movies and football matches are shown in the bar area on their large TV.

There is a courtesy minibus which leaves on the hour to Kalkan. It takes approx 5 minutes and the minibus service runs from 9.00am to 12 midnight. The returning journey leaves at 10 minutes to the hour.
You can walk to Kalkan in about 10 minutes as it is all down hill and it is a very nice walk but I would suggest you get the minibus back because the hills are very steep.

A lot of people who were staying were returning visitors. They told us it was cheaper to book your hotel accommodation directly with the Samira de-luxe (via e-mail) and book your flights directly with an airline. Current room prices (2006) are
1 week £300.00, 2 weeks £500.00 and 3 weeks £700.00. This price includes transfers to and from Dalaman airport.
What makes this accommodation stand out is the staff. All the staff are really lovely and friendly. They especially love children of all ages and nothing is too much trouble for them.
Before we booked we weren't sure if we should book the Samira De-luxe Apartments or the Samira. We looked around the Samira which is located in the town and it looked very nice but found that it had a much smaller pool and it seemed very crowded. In its favour you can easily walk to and from the town and are not tied to minibus times or Taxi fares. There were a lot of families that stayed at the Samira but used the swimming facilities of the Samira de-luxe because it was bigger.

Kalkan is a beautiful town with cobbled streets and lots and lots of restaurants and bars. There are some lovely shops and if the goods are not labelled with a price then you can barter on the price you pay. Everyone we met was lovely. My husband did eventually get used to restaurant and bar persons urging us to visit their restaurant. It is very difficult to read the menus shown outside without being encouraged to enter their premises. You do get used to it and I found it quite good fun and when you have been in their restaurant they do not pester you again.

There is a garage that is about a 4 minute walk away where you can purchase bread, milk, drinks, crisps etc. (No fresh cows milk is available in Kalkan- you can only purchase UHT long life milk) but there a lots of small supermarkets in Kalkan where you have more choice. A small fresh loaf of bread at the garage costs less than ½ lira, small bottle of water are approx .30 lira (about 10p)

Eating out is very reasonable and there are lots and lots of restaurants and bars to choose from. For tremendously friendly staff try the Arena Restaurant but the best meals we had were at Gironda and The Old Trading House. Belgins Kitchen is well worth a visit for a drink as traditional Turkish Music is played each evening in high season and there always seems to be a lot of locals willing to get up and have a dance.

We went on 3 excursions booked through Anatolian Sky

Jeep Safari to Salkikent (2Adults and 2Children cost £70.00)
Please note, only wear clothes that you don't mind getting very dirty and wet and take lots of plastic bags to protect any cameras from the wet!!! Also make sure you were suitable footwear. Flat sandals with straps are the best although you can hire ";jelly shoes"; at the gorge for 1.5 lire a pair but these did rub a lot of people's feet.

We were collected by car and taken on a short drive to our awaiting Jeep. We travelled on a covered Hummer which was brilliant because our children were protected from the 48 degree soaring heat. We travelled for about an hour and arrived at a Carpet Weavers Association where you get to see how carpets are made and have the opportunity to make purchases from professional salesmen!!!
Travelling to Saklikent is exceptionally good fun. Jeeps overtake others and try to throw water at the passengers.(Bring a water gun for added fun) As well as getting wet you also get exceptionally dirty travelling through dirt tracks. I don't want to spoil the surprise but when I say you get wet I don't think I could have got any wetter if I had been dunked fully clothed into a swimming pool but it was a great relief from the heat. We had lunch at the side of the gorge helping ourselves to various mezes and had a choice of Spicy Meatballs, Chicken or Trout as main course. Watermelon followed and drinks were extra to the cost of the trip.

We started our walking journey through the gorge which was exciting but our younger son aged 8 found it quite frightening because of the force and cold temperature of the water. It came to waist height on him. The walk through the Gorge takes about ½ to ¾ hour and varies in difficulty but you can turn back at any time.
After our trip to the Gorge we travelled to Patara Beach stopping at a Supermarket to purchase refreshments and use the toilet facilities as there were not any at the part of Patara beach we were visiting. We were very disappointed with Patara as we needed to cross a herd of goats and obviously walk all through their deposits before we reached the beach/sea. This part of the beach was also dirty with litter everywhere. Another couple on the trip said that we mustn't be put off by it because the rest of Patara beach is lovely. It was just a shame the guide chose to take us to this part. We arrived back in Kalkan at about 7.00pm, thoroughly exhausted but having had a brilliant day out.

Fethiye Market. (2 adults and 2 Children cost £40.00. The price included a meal but drinks were extra)

A minibus collected us from our accommodation at 2.40pm and we traveled for about 50 minutes and arrived at the Gold Center. After a brief introduction about what you can have made etc you have an hour to look around. Beware this is VERY hard salesmanship! As you walk around the display cabinets the salesperson follows you and constantly ask if you like something on display, would you like to try it on etc etc. Thankfully the center is air conditioned and we were served refreshing Apple and Lemon tea and thankfully when the salesperson realised she wasn't going to get a sale she quickly descended on another victim. The journey resumed to Fethye and we arrived at the market at about 5.30pm. We had about 1 ½ hours at the market before we had to re-meet for dinner at 7.00pm. The market is big and sells lots of fake goods like football kits, Designer Gear, Sunglasses, and Perfume etc. There is also food and household items on sale. I thoroughly enjoyed haggling and if they won't agree on the price you are willing to pay then walk away. They will either accept your price or you will find another stall selling the same item that will.
I thought that longer was needed at the market and that the stop at the Gold Centre was not necessary.
We had a meal at a Restaurant after pre-ordering from a choice of Spicy Meatballs, Chicken Kebab or fish. You were served Naam Bread, Plate of Meze followed by your main course which was
Served with Rice and Salad. To finish we were given a plate of fruit. We left the restaurant at about 8.15 pm and went on a short minibus ride to the town center. We were free to look around the town until 9.30 and returned to our accommodation at 10.30pm

Kekova (£23.00 per adult and £12.00 per child) Price includes lunch but drinks are extra.

We were picked up by minibus at 9.15 am and started the very windy journey across coast roads to Kekova where we caught our boat. This journey took about 1 ½ hours. There were 42 people and board and it seemed very crowded. The boat journey commenced and after about 15 minutes we arrived at a bay for our 1st swim of the day. The crew informs you if it is deep enough to dive but steps are lowered for those who want a more sedate entrance. We had about 45 minutes to swim/snorkel around the boat/bay. We re-boarded and traveled for about 10 minutes and came to an island were there were reindeer. They were quite tame and the boat crew hand fed them. It was here that we had self service lunch of Salad, Bread, Rice and Pasta dishes and BBQ's fish that the crew had caught. We stayed here for about 1 ½ hours and we were able to swim again. We had another swim a little later on and then moored at an Island where there was a café so we enjoyed hand made ice creams. After 30 minutes we re-boarded and started the journey to see the sunken city. The boat had a glass panel 3ft X 1ft for you to see under the water but with 40 plus people trying to catch a glimpse it was disappointing. I viewed the sunken city from the top deck and got the best views but don't be fooled by the picture postcard you see of Kekove. These have been taken from prime locations!! I felt quite disappointed with Kekova as I know others did but really enjoyed the relaxing day on the boat swimming in the bays. We arrived back at Kalkan at about 7.30pm

I would recommend Kalkan to anyone without walking difficulties as a fantastic holiday destination and although Turkey was in the midst of a heat wave during our holiday (average 48 degrees for the 2 weeks we stayed and still being 38 degrees at 10.00pm!) I would most probably return in a May/June or September/October when the temperature is cooler. Our whole family had a FANTASTIC time.

By: The Kemish Family, Wiltshire - Submitted 1st October 2006

Travel Date: August 2006 Best for: Not Specified
Operator: Other

Overall Hotel Rating:

Good

Open quote

Stayed at the Samira apartments in the centre of Kalkan.Very clean rooms but not as modern as Samira De-luxe,although told that they are modernising for 2007 ,but prices to change.Reception,bedroom staff very pleasant and helpful.Bar staff have a liking for expensive drinks.IBO and Kosk still very good restaurants.Ali Babas and Tomato,near Post Office excellent value.Try the Gardenia,very good food and very well presented.

Kalkan is changing. Still good value holiday

By: jonh c, - Submitted 1st October 2006