Ranked

Kids facilities

Location

Room comfort

of reviewers would recommend Saffron Apartments to a friend

Tell us about this hotel

Showing 1 - 7 of 7 reviews

PreviousPrevious1NextNext

"An experience I never wish to repeat"

Open quote

Stayed with my husband for 1 week at this horrific hotel. Our room was on the top floor underneath the air-con vent, making it noisy it had also a sloping ceiling,this made standing up in half of the room impossible. The fridge was mouldy and in poor working order- I had to go out and purchase bleach and cloths as the whole appartment was filthy. The staff were not very friendly and unwilling to help- it seemed that they would only acknowledge you if you were spending money in their bar/restaurant. There was a large family in residence who did appear to spend most of their time in the hotel-unfortunatly during the evenings they became very raucous and on a number of nights we were woken at 5-6am by shouting, swearing, fighting etc. This unacceptable behaviour was never challanged by staff as the individuals in question spent much of their time in the hotel bar. On our departure day the staff gave us the wrong time for our airport collection, consequently we missed our transfer. Whilst frantically trying to find a taxi to take us to the airport, a number of their male staff approached us and surrounded me demanding money for staying the afternoon in the hotel which we had not been informed of. They were intimidating and I had no alternative but to hand over 20 euro, the whole experience was frightening and left me in tears. I would never stay at this hotel again under any circumstances

By: Katie - Submitted 21st July 2010

Travel Date: June 2010 Best for: Not Specified
Travelled with: Young Couple Recommend to a friend: No
Also Reviewed: Operator: Alpharooms New Window

Very Good

Open quote

I have just returned from a fantastic week in Marmaris where we stayed at the Saffron Apartments.

We are new to Turkey and I must say will no longer be strangers.

The accomodation was cheap, basic but clean ( most important ). The food at the apartments was excellent as were the staff. They were never too busy to talk or help in any matter.

The pool is small but sufficient and opposite the hotel is a 24hr store which is very handy. Beware that the prices change depending on who is serving though.

The Turkish people adore children and we were treated excellently where ever we went. However I must point out that they believe all english people swear like troopers and they have no reservations about swearing infront of and to the children.

My only reservation about recommending these apartments are that it will be fully booked when I try to go again ( have tried to book for October and they are full !!! )

Due to the location of the apartments ( which is excellent, 5 mins walk from the centre ) the loud music has to cease at 12 midnight, hence no rowdy people to keep kids awake alnight.

It is good, 2* accom, clean and fun.

By: Lynn - Submitted 1st September 2006

Travel Date: August 2006 Best for: Not Specified
Operator: Other

Below Average

Open quote

we stayed at the hotel in may every nite we went out they wanted to no were we was going and when we would be back, every night we got back the night boy would follow me up to my room and buy me gifts and give me flowers in the end i was so scared i had trouble sleeping thinking he was out side my room. we also had to pay for a window that was broken and we did not even brake it that really spoiled our holiday i would not recomend this hotel to any one and will never be going back.

By: lisa - west mids - Submitted 1st July 2005

Travel Date: May 2005 Best for: Not Specified

Open quote

i loved the hotel and the bar was great there a selection of cocktails !!! theres alot of food to chose from and the staff are fab the hotel overalll is great is clean got alot of frinendly staff and there is a supermaket is faceing the hotel and a cafey it great u should try it u wont reget it i go ever year i love it

By: rachel manchester - Submitted 1st July 2005

Travel Date: January 2005 Best for: Not Specified
Operator: Thomas Cook New Window

Open quote

We have stayed at these apartments on 3 occasions and we think they are excellent. Even when we have not been able to book here on some occasions (8 holidays to marmaris) due to them being full we always go up and use their pool and enjoy eating in their restaurant on an evening.

We have become great friends with the owner Adnan and his family kenan, mumu and uncle. We have had many a great holiday here and would recommend them to anybody, nothing is too much trouble for them. Their turkish nights are excellent especially when it ends up in a midnight pool party. The rooms are lovely and clean and nice and spacious and the sun is round the pool all day. If anybody is thinking of going to marmaris for a holiday for the first time i guarentee a stay at the Saffron will make your stay in Marmaris all the more better.

By: joanne,steve,zoe,luke n reece leeds - Submitted 1st December 2004

Travel Date: January 2004 Best for: Not Specified

Average

Open quote

We arived at the safron 13 july.they took our cases.and that was the last they spoke to us.only because we did not eat or drink in restaurant.

we went self catering so we can go were we like.one of the staff even asked when we were leaving only they need guest who are going to spend money in there restauant as they were on comission we could not believe what we where hearing they totally igored us all the two weeks.

the rooms were basic plugs hanging off the wall.mould in the sink dirty cups.One day i was in the pool with my daughter when one off the lights in the pool floated to the top of the pool it frighted us.I am sorry but i would not stay in these apartments ever again.when we were leaving one of the young lads was going to help us with our cases when he was told to put them down.by one of the guys working there.this is the same young lad who was begging for some pizza of a couple because he was starving.

By: rowlands family manchester - Submitted 1st August 2004

Travel Date: July 2004 Best for: Not Specified

Open quote

excellent holiday but one week is not enough
lots to see and do with plenty of new experiences
especially enjoyed the dalyan river trip(out of africa) and the turkish baths (hilarious)
going back with husbands as found the locals too friendly and nearly put us off going out the first two days. Once you get a bit of sun and they recognise your face they are less intrusive and just good fun and friendly and helpful
the SAFFRON can not be faulted
the staff are very friendly and extremely helpful
the rooms are immaculate and very comfortable and have everything you could want
the area has plenty of amenities and easy walking to the beach and the centre which are both very commercialised
even had my hair cut and a pedicure for £10 all in
excellent meal for around £5 including drink and breakfast for about £1.50
going back in september with a bit of luck
just go and see for yourself
nell