Ranked

Based on 28 reviews

Very Good Further information

Cleanliness

Food

Good

Hotel entertainment

Good

Hotel service

Kids facilities

Good

Location

Room comfort

Value

Best for:

Families with Young Kids Families with Young KidsFurther information

79%

of reviewers would recommend The Croft Hotel to a friend

Tell us about this hotel

Showing 1 - 15 of 28 reviews

PreviousPrevious12NextNext

"Disgusting"

Below Average

Open quote

Disgusting, room not hoovered, bedding not clean, not cleaned in entire 4 night stay, we were asked if we wanted an ashtray for bedroom!!! Had to ask for towels, take away food left in drawers when we arrived, i had to clean the ensuite

By: Caroline - Submitted 6th March 2014

Travel Date: August 2013 Best for: Families with Young Kids
Travelled with: Families with Young Kids Recommend to a friend: No
Also Reviewed: Operator: booked myself

"Great hotel and location"

Open quote

Carole george and the rest of the family are really nice people who will do there upmost to make your stay perfect. The breakfast was lovely and not served to early, the bar is not expensive and is well stocked up. The hotel is lovely and clean we could not find one fault. It is also in the perfect location. We highly recommend this hotel and we WILL be returning. Thank you all for making our stay perfect.

By: Anne - Submitted 14th February 2014

• Excellent
  • Good
  • Excellent
  • Excellent
  • Excellent

Travel Date: January 2014 Best for: Party Animals
Also Reviewed: Operator: Independent

"lovely place"

Open quote

This is a perfect place to stay the host are really nice who will go that extra mile for you and it is in a perfect locatio. The rooms are nice and clean and the breakfast was lovely i will recommend this place to anyone. Thank you George and carol for making our weekend so enjoyable

By: susan bailey - Submitted 3rd November 2013

• Good
  • Very Good
  • Good
  • Very Good
  • Good
  • Excellent
  • Very Good
  • Excellent

Travel Date: October 2013 Best for: Mature Couple
Also Reviewed: Operator: Booked Direct New Window

"A great place to stay. "

Open quote

Before I come to write my review I would like to make a few things clear. Firstly I've noticed quite a few of the reviews left on this site seem to have been left by people who seem to have a personal grudge against the owner Carole rather than people who have actually stayed at this establishment. I am of the belief that such attacks have no place on a website such as this and find it disgusting that the moderators on this site have allowed this to continue.

On a positive note , I would like to say that our weekend in Blackpool at The Croft was fantastic. Carol is a great host and a wonderful person who made our stay in Blackpool (our first) a memorable and fun one and we will certainly be returning.

By: David P - Submitted 22nd August 2013

Travel Date: August 2013 Best for: Young Couple
Travelled with: Young Couple Recommend to a friend: Yes
Also Reviewed: Operator: Independent

"Oh My Fat God"

Overall Hotel Rating:

Good

Open quote

Very good at first. Then I stepped inside the hotel, I really thought the big fat whore of a landlady was going to eat me, Luckily i escaped un-munched, I had to run down the street and get her some steak and chips tho just so she did not eat me, After that tho, it was fantastic, really really enjoyed myself.. I'll just make sure i bring along some food for that big fat lady, Can't remember her name.

By: Hayley cropper - Submitted 22nd August 2013

• Good
  • Good

Travel Date: January 2013 Best for: Families with Infants
Travelled with: Families with Teenagers Recommend to a friend: Yes
Also Reviewed: Operator: Lastminute.com New Window

"not me "

Open quote

Just to let every one know the comment below isnt from myself its from some stupid little girls that got arrested for assaulting the owner if the hotel and the owner got her done off police so they are very upset and just trying to get her back enough said

By: jimmy schofield - Submitted 17th August 2013

Travel Date: October 2012 Best for: Families with Infants
Also Reviewed: Operator: self booked

"RUBBISH"

Open quote

I thought this hotel was the worst hotel ever in the world, the owners, i don't think they wash ever they stunk so much, The rats were cute tho and the spiders were a bit scary and the flies did my head in but we got over that, the breakfast was half gone when she served me it, she said she got hungry on the way to give it me and apologized then burped really loud in my face, so other then that it was fantastic

By: Jimmy Schofield - Submitted 7th August 2013

Travel Date: January 2012 Best for: Party Animals
Travelled with: Young Couple Recommend to a friend: No
Also Reviewed: Operator: Alpharooms New Window

"The croft hotel"

Open quote

We have hade a great time over the period we stayed George and carol were very welcoming made us feal at home. The breakfast was especially good. We would recommend this place to anyone and would come back again which we already have booked to come back. Great value for money on the price of the hotel and the prices on the bar. Thanks for a fantastic stay to all at the croft.

By: Simon preston - Submitted 22nd July 2013

Travel Date: July 2013 Best for: Young Couple
Travelled with: Young Couple Recommend to a friend: Yes
Also Reviewed: Operator: Direct to the hotel

Open quote

We went to Blackpool on a hen do. We had a brill time carol and George couldn't do enough for us all they made us feel very comfortable it was like home from home. The breakfast was lovely and it is served till late morning and you don't have to check out early which is really good.

By: ann - Submitted 1st July 2013

• Excellent
  • Good
  • Excellent
  • Excellent
  • Excellent

Travel Date: June 2013 Best for: Party Animals
Also Reviewed: Operator: from a friend

By: ann - Submitted 1st July 2013

• Excellent
  • Good
  • Excellent
  • Excellent
  • Excellent

Travel Date: June 2013 Best for: Party Animals
Also Reviewed: Operator: from a friend

"great place"

Open quote

This is a proper family run hotel with lovely people running they cant do enough for you. the hotel is spotless and the breakfast was very nice.We have a young child so we stayed in at the evening and as we like karaoke george and carole got there karaoke machine out and we all had a ball i would recommend the croft to everyone. We have stayed at other hotels and paid more than we did for staying at the croft and didnt get the service or entertainment as good as we did at the croft

By: stephen - Submitted 16th May 2013

• Very Good
  • Good
  • Excellent
  • Very Good
  • Excellent

Travel Date: May 2013 Best for: Families with Young Kids
Travelled with: Families with Young Kids Recommend to a friend: Yes
Also Reviewed: Operator: Booked Direct New Window

Open quote

I booked this holiday for myself, my husband and 2 children a while ago. Last week i looked on here and saw the previous reviews and i was worrid what i was bringing my family to i was very happy when i arrived it was nothing that i expected and i had nothing to worry about the hosts were very friendly and helpfull they couldnt do enough for us the rooms were nicely decorated and spottless couldnt fault a thing the breakfast was very nice and they dont serve breakfast served to early which is good when you have children to see to. i would recommend this place to anyone and i will be returning

By: amanda schofield - Submitted 29th April 2013

• Very Good
  • Good
  • Very Good
  • Good
  • Very Good
  • Very Good
  • Excellent

Travel Date: April 2013 Best for: Families with Young Kids
Travelled with: Families with Young Kids Recommend to a friend: Yes
Also Reviewed: Operator: yell.com

"interesting, will not return"

Open quote

I was one of the people who stayed a few weeks ago and feel compelled to review following the hotels reply.

I have to be honest, I am amazed with the reply back from the Hotel. There were only 16 people at the hotel at the time of the theft, with twelve from our group, the two owners, another guest who was with our group and another staff member... 3 phones and over £100 in money was stolen... and the hotel managers tried to claim it was one of our own group!

Even the police who knew it was - as this person had previous.

There was no 'Violence', The person who had things stolen, including a work phone and he was meant to be on call, was so frustrated with the situation, that the lad who had bene on the rob was being hidden out of sight and allowing the managers take the brunt of the frustration, which isn't fair.

Lets not beat around the bush, they are trying hard to make this place attractive but everywhere smells of smoke, the beds are uncomfortable and of poor quality, the carpet is stained and dirty and it is cheap and nasty - but it does a job for a cheap weekend or if you're into mature swinging.

The most ironic part of the hotel - was a sign saying ' arrive a stranger, leave a friend ' --- more like, 'arrive a stranger, be glad to leave'

enjoy staying here if you decide to go here. good luck.!

By: Dai Jones - Submitted 12th April 2013

Travel Date: March 2013 Best for: Party Animals
Travelled with: Party Animals Recommend to a friend: No
Also Reviewed: Operator: .

"BEWARE...."

Open quote

Turned up on the Friday afternoon after a 7 hour bus trip... to be fair, George was good as gold and showed us to the rooms / opened the bar etc...

The rooms were horrible, everything smelt of cigs (i've had to wash all my clothes since I came home), but for the price i suppose you get what you pay for.

Initial thoughts were the place was ok... but then the fun began.

when we arrived back, only 16 people in the 'hotel'... 12 in our group... and then three phones and money from wallets are stolen... it was obvious who it was but I will not post on here who.

we thought we were having breakfast on the Saturday but it seems they didn't have 'supplies in'.. lovely.

George is sound, but the rest of the staff there need to choose a different profession - horrible. Also - i think there was a swingers convention taking place on the Saturday! all a bit weird.

if you want a cheap and nasty stay - go for it. i'd rather spent a few quid more for a travelodge!

By: John Smith - Submitted 3rd April 2013

Travel Date: March 2013 Best for: Mature Couple
Travelled with: Party Animals Recommend to a friend: No
Also Reviewed: Operator: n/a

"very welcoming"

Open quote

i arrived at this hotel with my boyfreind, i have never been to blackpool before, i am a fillipino and work in kettering, the landlady ( carol ) made us feel very welcome, in fact she went out of her way to welcome us,we had been travelling for several hours and just wanted a good nights sleep, the room was spotless and the bed very comfy, the en suite was lovely, i would recommend this hotel to anyone, thanks again , heidi.

By: heidi lumain - Submitted 18th March 2013