Pontins Prestatyn Sands Reviews

Below Average Further information

Cleanliness

Food

Hotel entertainment

Good

Hotel service

Kids facilities

Good

Location

Good

Room comfort

Value

Best for:

Families with Young Kids Families with Young KidsFurther information

33%

of reviewers would recommend Pontins Prestatyn Sands to a friend

Tell us about this hotel

Showing 1 - 15 of 21 reviews

PreviousPrevious12NextNext

"riffy"

Open quote

just came back from here couldn't wait,the room was riffy with poo stains on the toilet seat,dirty cupboards inside out,springs stickin out of matresses,food stuff and stains on the curtains,and looks like a run down council estate.was not expecting a 5 star hotel but certainly expecting the room to be spotless.doesnt cost anything to clean properly,very disappointed.

By: sonia - Submitted 12th July 2014

• Good
  • Good
  • Poor

Travel Date: July 2014 Best for: Party Animals
Also Reviewed: Operator: sun

"apartments"

Open quote

We stayed in the apartment blocks supposed to be for 4 nights we stayed 1, appalling is not a strong enough word to describe these out dated blocks.

Filthy from the off, dirty duvets with grass, hairs and various marks on them, dismal bathroom with mold and cracked toilet bowl, dirty cooker smelly fridge cigarette burns where the old 15 inch telly was dirty utensils, odd plastic chairs around a table which was covered in crumbs and the laughable plastic covered sofa bed which had no supplied duvet and a bent leg, was also filthy.

Outside the blocks was no better with litter strewn eveywhere even empty tablet packets on the floor all this where our 20 month old daughter was supposed to play on the unmown grass.

When reported to the staff at reception on the night they were abrupt and genuinely uninterested..

By: John - Submitted 3rd June 2014

Travel Date: June 2014 Best for: Families with Young Kids
Travelled with: Families with Infants Recommend to a friend: No
Also Reviewed: Operator: Sun Holidays

"Paid for club appartment. what a joke"

Open quote

Me & my family went for a 4 night stay from 24th Sept to 28th Sept in this very depressing holiday camp, we only managed 2 nights & that was enough & we came home. I must say that on the week we went the weather was really bad thus making us stay in apartment more than we should have hoped for. The problems we notice are as follows.

1. When I went to use the built in electric oven, the electric oven moved forward from it’s housing. On checking I noticed that the 4 screws which are supposed to hold the oven in place were in fact smaller than the holes thus allowing the oven to move. This is a safety issue.

2. Cleaners changed bed linen on Monday Afternoon on some apartment and the same linen was still outside same rooms on Wednesday morning.

3. The walls around the bin area was splashed with food, & not even cleaned.

4. Big bins outside apartments overflowing with rubbish. 5. Room only had a TV no DVD player. 6. Place is in need of serious modernisation & appartments look like something from the 70s.

7. I must say that the bed linen was clean & that is the only good thing I can say about the apartment. We paid for a club apartment & when I saw what we got I thought if this is the club room I hate to think what other people with cheaper rooms got for their money. Pontins is in need of serious modernisation.

8. The bathroom is a joke. The bath is very small. shower very low in hight so you need to bend you knees to even get under the shower. 9. This place makes you think of Hi Di Hi,

By: Mrs Michelle Fothergill - Submitted 27th September 2012

Travel Date: September 2012 Best for: Families with Teenagers
Travelled with: Families with Teenagers Recommend to a friend: No

"Just awful"

Open quote

Do not visit this concentration camp unless you like to be around a load of lowlifes. Im no snob but when you see kids smoking weed with their parents you know your in the wrong place. Its dirty, looks like a housing estate in moss side and the food is dreadful. Do yourself a favour and stay at home:((

By: Sammi marchant - Submitted 3rd August 2012

Travel Date: August 2012 Best for: Party Animals

"very very disapointed"

Open quote

Stayed in club chalet was clean ! Beds were so hard cud ov slept on floor. Beddin was all ripped down one side!!

By: joanne lee - Submitted 22nd July 2012

• Poor
  • Good
  • Below Average
  • Poor

Travel Date: July 2012 Best for: Families with Teenagers
Travelled with: Young Couple Recommend to a friend: No
Also Reviewed: Operator: booked it direct to pontins

"not good"

Open quote

Entertainment was excellent, bluecoats were lovely and the kids enjoyed it. However the room was tiny with a old ctr 14" tv, we were put on top floor despite having a 1 year old and had to pay to hire a cot (when we booked we stated we had a under 2) There was no shower in the room and the bathroom was very dated no microwave either heating was ok sofa bed was the most uncomftable thing i've ever slept on. Whole place looks like a council estate Restaurant was basic and slightly overpriced Chip shop was nice and reasonable Burger place was average Drinks were reasonable The communal areas seemed quite old the carpets were worn and sticky half the vending machines were out of use as well a a lot of the arcade machine. The pool was ok could of been better for kids with more slides and stuff. Changing rooms were tiny, dirty and no family change rooms which would of been easier for us with a 1 year old. the pool got closed for a hour while we were in there someone had done a poo in the pool and the pool had to be filtered MY OVERALL EXPERIENCE WAS AVERAGE I WOULD SAY THE STAFF ARE GREAT AND THE DRINKS AND SNACKS ARE REASONABLE BUT THE ACTUAL PARK & ACCOMMODATION EITHER NEEDS SERIOUS MONEY SPENT TO MODERNISE THE FACILITIES OR TO BE KNOCKED DOWN AND REBUILT.

By: Greg Fisher - Submitted 11th June 2012

• Good
  • Good
  • Very Good
  • Poor
  • Below Average

Travel Date: June 2012 Best for: Families with Young Kids
Travelled with: Families with Infants Recommend to a friend: No
Also Reviewed: Operator: Booked Direct New Window

"Cardiff prison looks better......"

Open quote

I booked a cheap break for myself and 2 children aged 11 and 13 for 3 nights from 16th April 2012. After driving for 5 hrs, we could not believe what greeted us. We thought we had entered a prison camp and my children did'nt even want to get out of the car!!! We drove around first, just to see if things improved but they didn't. The apartment was even worse. Dirty,mouldy,rundown,smelly .....depressing really. I spoke to the manager, who offered me an upgrade to 'club' . The only difference I could see was that the grass had been mowed outside and the resident seagulls were mating rather than squealing!!! Oh , and there was a rather fetching outline of an iron on the bedroom carpet and the bath tap offered you 24hrs of water whehter you wanted it or not!! The manager told me he thought the resort did look the photos on the website so I have posted mine on here so that you can compare. I can't comment on the entertainment or food, as we didn't hang around long enough to find out. We made our escape and ended up in Canaerfon, another hr away. I know budget is budget, but surely there must be a minimum standard for families that probably struggled to find the money for their 'relaxing get-away'......

By: A Davies - Submitted 19th April 2012

Travel Date: April 2012 Best for: Party Animals
Also Reviewed: Operator: Booked Direct New Window

"Pontins Prestatyn Sands Reviews"

Overall Hotel Rating:

Good

Open quote

Hotel was clean and the pool was clean also, lots of activities for the kids at night time to enjoy them selfs

By: stephen tompson - Submitted 19th December 2011

• Good
  • Good

Travel Date: June 2010 Best for: Families with Infants
Travelled with: Families with Infants Recommend to a friend: Yes
Also Reviewed: Operator: Hotels4U New Window

"Family friendly"

Overall Hotel Rating:

Good

Open quote

The accomodation had everything you need and was very clean. The kitchen had all the utensils you would need and you dont need to take anything. You have to switch the water on for the shower which caught me out on the first night! We did have a room that slept 6 but the 3rd room is actually the lounge, so would be ideal for children but not adults as its a little fold out bed.

By: CHARIS EDWARDS - Submitted 2nd November 2011

• Good
  • Good
  • Very Good
  • Good
  • Very Good

Travel Date: October 2011 Best for: Families with Young Kids
Travelled with: Mature Couple Recommend to a friend: Yes
Also Reviewed: Operator: Booked Direct New Window

"The best holiday in years"

Excellent

Open quote

Wow What a great time our family had we seen Michael Jackson tribute artist FANTASTIC our accommodation was wonderful clean new furniture entertainment we couldn't fault at all we can't wait for next time all day entertainment for children & it only cost £30 for the night for 4 of us cheaper than travel lodge with all of the trimmings of a top holiday resort thank you Pomtin's keep up the excellent work you've got it right

By: Stephen Beresford - Submitted 16th October 2011

Travel Date: September 2011 Best for: Families with Young Kids
Travelled with: Families with Teenagers Recommend to a friend: Yes
Also Reviewed: Operator: Booked at reception

"Very Basic"

Open quote

Prestatyn Sands is a very basic holiday park. We vistited for a 4 night break May 2011. Rooms are very dated despite having a relatively recent lick of paint. Furniture was old and shabby. Sofa bed was impossible to sleep on with a ripped mattress, missing springs and a huge dip in the middle. Cleanliness was ok considering the rooms are carpeted and the high turn over of guests trailing in and out. On the up side my children (5 and 8) absolutely loved the kids entertainment in the evenings and activities during the day. The pool again was quite basic but inflatables etc were dragged out every afternoon to liven things up for the kids. The staff at Prestatyn Sands were friendly, helpful and full of energy. They seemed to be doing a remarkable job with very little resources available to them. All the main entertainment rooms were clean. Nothing on this site is elaborate in any way so don't expect it. Its an old resort and therefore looks dated but is quite adequate as a basic break. Just don't expect any frills

By: Sara Hopper - Submitted 5th August 2011

• Below Average
  • Good
  • Average
  • Good
  • Excellent
  • Poor
  • Below Average

Travel Date: May 2011 Best for: Families with Young Kids
Also Reviewed: Operator: Pontyns

"Pontins Prestatyn"

Open quote

Wewere given this holiday, but we found the place old worn and in need of a lick of paint. It dose what it dose , high turn-over of familiesin basic accomodatuion.

By: Darren Matthews - Submitted 15th July 2011

• Good
  • Good
  • Below Average
  • Average

Travel Date: July 2010 Best for: Families with Infants
Travelled with: Mature Couple Recommend to a friend: No
Also Reviewed: Operator: GIven to us as a holiday

"Terrible Tidy "

Open quote

Absolutely horrendous weekend at Pontins Prestatyn. They failed to mention upon booking that we would be sharing with 3,496 lunatics. This was supposed to be a family holiday with my wife and two daughters, the first thing we were greeted with upon arrival was some lunatic dressed as a nun, asking my eight year old daughter if she wanted to buy some Ketamine, whatever that is. The worst problem was the noise. Apparently it's a type of music called 'Hard House' but to me it just sounded like someone banging a drum for 24/7. My wife even called it The Devils music. I think Pontins may be putting something in the water supply, as no one ever seems to sleep there. It was just constant noise from Friday to Monday! The evening entertainment was awful, their main act was something called 'The Tidy Boys' and they didn't even have any tables and chairs so we could sit down. The staff were really peculiar, they all looked in a constant state of shock and disbelief. Although maybe that was due to some of the bizarre costumes some other guests felt necessary to wear. I certainly won't be returning, especially since my six year old daughter found a bag full of unidentified tablets under the bed and almost swallowed them. Thanks for a terrible holiday Pontins, from a very unhappy customer.

By: Joe - Submitted 30th March 2011

Travel Date: March 2011 Best for: Party Animals
Also Reviewed: Operator: Tidy

"Awful"

Open quote

This place is like aAlcatraz. Not derilict like the real one, but crumbling all the same. Some of the furniture is as old as in Alcatraz, and the inmates were likely subjected to the same kind of gruel (food), only they didn't pay top prices for their rusk filled economy sausages.

The noise was horrendous, the chalet was dirty (Classic) and the facilities were grim. I would not go back for a months wages, such is the anxiety I am still suffeing from the experience.

The devil runs this prison.

By: Peter - Submitted 24th August 2010

• Average
  • Good
  • Excellent
  • Poor

Travel Date: May 2010 Best for: Party Animals
Travelled with: Young Couple Recommend to a friend: No

"fun fun fun"

Overall Hotel Rating:

Good

Open quote

Just got back form a 5 day stay at pontins. Went with my other half,my two babies [2&8monts] and my neice whos 9. We had a brilliant time and did not want to come home! Rooms.. We upgraded our room to Club, and tbh i was quite suprised after reading al the horror stories that it was quite nice! Very basic, but you dont need 5 star. Had a tv, double bed, 2 singles and a bunkbed. Kitchen had everything you could need. Although we did walk past some rough looking rooms, but they looked nice inside tbh. Food.. Did not eat onsite as we went out most days, but the restraunt over the road called "the place" is gorgeous!! you will have to try it as its very yummy! Swimming pool.. was clean and great, wasnt cold and has a kiddies slide. Night life.. Was brill, went to the club everynight and had stuff for kids and adults. Blue coats play and keep kids entertained. Theres not much to do round near brean to be fair, you have to drive. We went to minehead for the day and that was lovely and to longleat safari park. It waas a very fun and relaxing family holiday and we all loved it. Go, and you will deffently enjoy it aslong as you dont have your hopes up too hight for a 6star. I think some people who have leftt reveiws are just way too picky tbh.

By: jamie - Submitted 28th June 2010

• Good
  • Very Good
  • Excellent
  • Very Good
  • Excellent
  • Excellent
  • Excellent

Travel Date: February 2009 Best for: Families with Young Kids